Boita Compatibility

Jeeze!!! Thats a big fat headache, sorry to hear about the ich an the suicidal loach! Incase you are looking at medding, I have use Kordon's Ick Attack before and had great success with it! I had no losses, it didn't affect my plants or my shrimp either....

Well i hope i'm not speaking too soon again... but there are NO signs of it infecting the big tank. Keeping it at 84 for the time being. all the polka dot loaches are still in the 20 gal tank.

Well that's good. Hopefully no new specks pop up in the next couple days! Good luck!

Well not so lucky one of the clowns has a couple spots, glad i turned the temp up when i did. Hopefully it goes away soon. :( i know the ottos dont like the heat

Yeah, I was worried about the heat too. But like I said, I didn't lose anyone, and my heat was turned up for a while.  He'll be okay. Your ottos should be alright too. I can't remember if I had otos when my tank got ich or not..

Well looks like I'm selling all the loaches. Found someone that wants them for her 220 gal aquarium with more clowns. :) she is going to drive completely across the state to get them too! Now what to get to replace them.... Lol

Wow!!!! Thats awesome! And for them to go to a 220g, that's great for them too... and that's a huge amount of bioload you're freeing up!!! Is it just the clowns or the polka dots too?? Hmm... are you thinking about more bottom feeders, or what!? That would certainly give you the room for a group of pictus you were thinking about... or a humongous group of cories
whistling.gif
 hehe

Honestly, I've been thinking about selling some of my fish too but idk, seems like a lot of work lol. Kinda wishing I had a HUGE tank of mostly cories and like 6 polka dots... sigh, that would be great.

oh! I wanted to tell you too that I FINALLY got my wisteria growing really well. When I first bought it, i put it in the hatchery tank, then I just let it go, and actally had to do a couple trimmings, and waited until the trimmings were growing really well too. Then I moved them to my big tank, and they responded really well and were even growing even more within a couple days. Pretty excited!! It really added some muc needed texture to my tank :)

And my bn's are mating!!!! they're on their third set now, I keep saving whatever babies that I can get to and I move em to the hatchery, but sadly I can't manage to keep them alive! They'll be doing great, then all of a sudden I find them dead. I'm wondering if I need to put a bigger piece of wood in there, I know bns need wood in their diet, so that's probably it....

I'm jealous about the wisteria. I have to keep bio Chem Zorb in my hob filter to keep the brown out of my water or it seems to attach to the leaves of the wisteria. We will see how they do without the loaches. They were tearing them apart too bad... :( well congrats on the bn breeding. Sorry you can't keep them alive though. That is such a bummer.

And it looks like the lady with the 220 fell thru on me. I called a fish store about 45 mins away and they said they would give me 10 ea in store credit. Maybe that will work out good. :) I have all the loaches in the 20 gal long temporarily. I'm thinking I might keep the polka dots in the 20. The footprint is good enough for them. Made a cave that the clowns all took over for the time being. And I'm of course gonna plant it too. :) the filter is for up to 60 gal so it will do good I think

Oh and pets mart had their tigers on sale for a buck again so I got 12 more. And since all my loaches are in my 15 tank I had to put them in the display tank.... Hope that goes well. I can't even count how many tigers I have now.... Lol its crazy. I'm still thinking on doing a few pictures in there. Just hope the tigers dont chew their whiskers off.

Well I'm glad things are going good in your tank :)

I hate it when people are so unreliable! That's so frustrating!  Man, I hardly ever get on fish forums anymore... I just kind of saved another pug from a craigslist nightmare. We did want to get another pug, a slightly older one but here we are.... two 10 month old boy pugs lol, so they're a handful!! Kevin is still adjusting too and he's really sweet and great with the kids, so Im really glad we saved the little bugger.

10 bucks each!!! That's pretty good! I have my mom taking a bunch of fish today for her 120 gallon.... I'm really thinking about just having my pandas and green cories. And my son probably won't let junky go, so a pictus too. But that way I could have a HUUUGGGEE shoal of cories :drool: ... the big question is, should I give my polka dots to my mom too (she has a couple already), or do I keep them? if I keep them i need to up their numbers, and 5 loaches take up quite a bit of space. I would really love to just let the cories do their thing and up their numbers naturally, but with the loaches in there, the eggs don't stand a chance... sigh. And what about my bolivians!? Oh boy...

Bio zorb?! H, I'll remember that bc every once and a while I get brown stuff everywhere too.

A huge schoolof tigers sounds pretty amazing, I do miss mine!!!

Well i have made the decision. Im downgrading from the 135 gal down to a 75 gal. Think it will go better for what i want out of it. :( will be selling the clowns soon. I bought the tank today. 170 with glass tops and light. (gonna sell the light) figured that was a good enough deal to take the plunge. Ssooo yeah the fun begins. The good news is that if i decide to run pressurized co2 i will already have more than enough light. :) oh and my tigers keep chewing eachother up. Im gettin irritated with constantly medicating one a week... :(

You are one of the rare ones that wants to downgrade :)

A 75 is a great size though! What do you want to do, how do you see your new tank? lol

You've got a pretty good amount of tigers now, so I can't imagine why they're biting each other, hmmm.........

Well i dont really WANT to downsize.Its more about the space really. Still have to finish the basement and just running out of room. Plus i think that it will work out better for my fish room. I can have two of those.... Shh.. LolI think i have 20 tigers right now. They are impossible to count... Lol will have to count them when i move them.

Well transfer was completely successful. I think i counted 25 tigers. And i got stabbed twice by the splines on the clown loaches... So 25 tigers 4 clowns 3 bolivian rams and 3 ottos (out of the 12 i bought) i like the lil things but they die so easy! Heres a pic so far. I stripped most of the leaves off the plants because they were getting covered in brown algae pretty bad. Now this tank is in my office in progress in the basement with NO sunlight at all. We will see if that makes a difference. Im running 1.87wpg also. Daily dosing of carbon and seachem flourish comprehensive. Added some floating plants from the pond so i dont have to buy them again from next year. The tigers love swimming through the roots and it shades the slow growing plants on the right since the flow goes that way they stay mostly on that side. :) oh and i also started diy co2 on the 20 gal. Will see how that goes. I think for tax time im gonna go pressurized. Dunno yed. Hope everything is going good with you guys!

20131103_000559_zps9878e380.jpg

Yep, ottos are super sensitive. I'm dow to 5, but they've been doing great for a while now.

0o0o0o0o00o0o pressurized :drool: hehe...I'm still too chicken. I really like your new set up! 1.97 wpg is pretty good, you can do a ton with that. I would try some cypts, they'd look great in there! Love the floating plants too, my whole tank is full of frogbit and horrible awful duckweed that snuck in and now took over...

At the fish shop I go to, they had a used tank for sale... 38g with a nice stand, the hood with the light, AND an external filter for 249.99. Wish i hadthe money bc I would have bought it, the 10g is really too small lol.

I did however pick up a wonderful little shoal of dwarf cories :wub: They are by far the coolest little fish ever. I'll probably go this week and pick up another 6 of them.  I gave almost all of my fish to my mom's 125g tank. Now it's just the loaches, junky, my angels, and all of my cories. I really the empty look it has, it's not busy looking, and all of my cories are dancing much more and I've noticed that my loaches are schooling much better now too :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back