Bog Wood / Twisted Wood / Hollow Logs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

leecasey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any online resources that sell these types of wood? LFS's don't usually have that good of a selection from my experience, either that or the good bits get snapped up very fast lol!

Just wondering if there are any online resources that sell these types of wood? LFS's don't usually have that good of a selection from my experience, either that or the good bits get snapped up very fast lol!

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/decor-wood-c-414_11_238.html :good:

A few weeks ago I found some nice bog wood at a new fish shop I went to. As you pay for wood by weight, I was really chuffed as it was light.......you know where this is going....it floats! It's going to take years of soaking for it to be heavy enough to sink :sad:

A few weeks ago I found some nice bog wood at a new fish shop I went to. As you pay for wood by weight, I was really chuffed as it was light.......you know where this is going....it floats! It's going to take years of soaking for it to be heavy enough to sink :sad:

oh dear! can you not sink it down in place with some fishing line and plumb weights hidden under your substrate?

oh dear! can you not sink it down in place with some fishing line and plumb weights hidden under your substrate?

I tried but it's all a bit fiddly with the plants and fish in the tank already. Still kept moving about and trying to get to the surface.
I have it soaking in a container at the moment..... but it's going to be a while.

Can you use dead wood from the forest?
I found three lovely pieces near my house id like to use if possible.
All are dead, dry and very light.
Would defenatly need a boil or three but what's the crack with using wood from the woods?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back