Blue Tiger Orange Eye Shrimp!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Is there not many species available over there then? Shrimps are quite cheap here except certain types, the blue tiger ones are quite pricey

Ellieabbott4 said:
So....I think I've got the shrimp bug. I've now added 5 more light blue tiger shrimp to my collection

Look lovely Ellie... looking forward to baby shrimp ;)

No live inverts are allowed into Australia, and if they are allowed in then they have to meet some very strict quarrentine (also expensive) and rules eg. can not pose a feral risk if they got into waterways. And the few shrimp that have been bought out to Australia such as Cherry shrimp and Crystal Shrimp probably made the trip illegally. Tigers are starting to become available here, but if they went through the rigors of our quarrentine then the asking price alone for these shrimp is extremely high to recoup some of the costs.
Also some states in Australia wont allow ANY non-native shrimp no matter what.

We are lucky however and have a lot of native shrimp of our own, they just need to be domesticated and more easily bred and young raised in captivity. Then colour morphs etc can start being developed.

RCA said:
So....I think I've got the shrimp bug. I've now added 5 more light blue tiger shrimp to my collection 
Look lovely Ellie... looking forward to baby shrimp ;)
Me to! I want baby shrimp now, I'm to impatient ha ha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back