Blue Tiger Orange Eye Shrimp!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

those shrimp are lovely. could you pm me a link to the site where you got them ? 

great shrimp !

yes, never give up :)

ive managed to change my profile picture, ive been trying to do it for ages but i havent been able to resize the pictures, but ive worked it out now :)

wow they are lovely do u mind me asking where u got them from

I believe it was eBay black ops - I've already had a look :D

Ellie you prob have the best profile pic on here :)

yargnits said:
those shrimp are lovely. could you pm me a link to the site where you got them ? 

great shrimp !
I got them from eBay, there is only two sellers on there that sell them

blackops said:
wow they are lovely do u mind me asking where u got them from

Shelster said:
I believe it was eBay black ops - I've already had a look :D
Ellie you prob have the best profile pic on here :)
Yep it was Ebay blackops, the seller was very helpful and genuine as well, I would recommend them as a seller for sure :)

The photo  of the rili looks like a blue gene rillli, if you have the rili with normal cherry they will interbreed since they are both neocaridina.

As for the cherry shrimp not doing well with the bamboo shrimp, I may have a reason. Bamboo shrimp with their basket feeding ways are very similar to Australian Riffle Shrimp, and I have heard of Riffle shrimp being accused of eating cherry shrimp shrimplets.

Baccus said:
The photo  of the rili looks like a blue gene rillli, if you have the rili with normal cherry they will interbreed since they are both neocaridina.
I've got my cherry shrimp in a different tank to the blue rili shrimp for that exact reason :)

Very good, its just that a lot of people don't realise they are the same species. It is actually getting really hard to tell which shrimp can go with which, because of the common names given without the scientific to give you some warning.
For example in the colours of cherry shrimp that I know are available in Australia and are all sold just via their common name includes Red Cherry, Sakura, fire, painted fire, red rili, yellow rili, yellow, chocolate, blue, Sunkist and I think a green which I am not sure of its name.
The diversity in cherry shrimp is truly amazing.

The blue tiger shimp are truly settled in now, they have made friends with the baby cherry shrimp :)

null_zps0433a4d8.jpg

Beautiful. and good to see they are going great.

These look awesome Ellie, shrimp are new to me and so far I only have Amano Shrimp as they are big and fast enough to out run a Betta ;)
I do like the look of these though, are they generally slower i.e. would not out run a Betta?
Maybe I need a Shrimp tank too - oh dear I think my MTS is on overdrive ;)

They are really loving the tank, coming out a lot and enjoying the java moss. My ones are quite quick, the guppies try to get them all the time but they soon get out of the way. Even the babies manger to escape the guppy mouths lol

So....I think I've got the shrimp bug. I've now added 5 more light blue tiger shrimp to my collection

null_zps5e3cdd1e.jpg

That certainly is a lovely shrimp. In Australia we are starting to get some really nice blue breeds of shrimp. Sadly for me they are all well out of my price range for the foreseeable future.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back