blue lobster

matt_penny1

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I've had lots of conflicting advice, some say that it will be ok to keep a blue lobster with my fish (10 zebras, 3 cherry barbs) as long as I keep it well fed, others say it's askin for trouble! any ideas.

many thanks

Hmm, lots of conflicting on here, however.......

The advice from the lfs was that mine would be okay with my fish, as long as they were quick swimmers, my fish started disappearing fast.

Your crayfish is a scavenger and will eat anything it can find/grab so please dont put it into a community tank.

Live plants make a very tasty meal too so I've now switched to artificial ones.

My crayfish tends to be nocturnal and "sneaks up" on any fish which is resting/sleeping on the bottom, hence the loss of fish.

He now has his own 40l tank accompanied by half a dozen inexpensive neons which no doubt will make a nice meal if he catches them.

Feeding next, they will eat anything and everything.. flake, worms, snails and even fish poo. I tend to drop in some cucumber and carrot (weighted down), the odd bit of cooked chicken and raw red meat.

Please fit a tight lid, mine climbs the plants, heater, air hose but hasn't managed to escape yet.

He has grown in the last few months, but I haven't managed to catch him shedding his shell yet.

----
Phil
Very much the beginner.

I've just been given a BLue Lobter, a mate's had about 75 babies and needed to off load some. He keeps his adult male and female with fish and so far not had too many problems. the guppies got had mind you.

Mines is a little small at the mo to be eating anything apart from blood worms but still gives the fish a chase if they get too close.

Keeping a cray/lobster with fish is always a risk. Just don't put expensive fish in with them. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back