Blue Lobster Skin Shed

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

channa aka snakehead........how does he look odd???

My odd looking cray has yet to molt, i dont know anything about these guys, do they stop molting at certain times or always,i mean when fully grown would they stop?

they never really get "fully" grown. so moults can be 12-18 months apart, but not often with short lived Redcalws.
you say odd looking, how so? and, any chance of a picture?

here he is...
4500837299_8c3abe6548_b.jpg

4500837303_dd99d03e11_b.jpg

odd, looking, indeed.
need a picture of it's "rostrum"(head) to be sure. but it looks like a N American brand.

I once went to my regular LFS (since closed down), it really was very very small, like 5 people in the shop and it was cramped =P But i got to know the guys there really well and one day i went in and a guy had dropped off a massive polystyrene box with 2 whopping great Oscars in and what i learnt that day to be a Blue Lobster. He must have been a good 7inches long he was huge. This guy was moving house and they were looking after the fish for them, unfortunately i was the one landed with the task of transfering this lobster to his new temporary home. First and last time i pick up a lobster with my hands.

Since then i've bought my own and hes roughly 3inches now, although i never see him, and nor have i ever seen him eat. I assume he does because he's surviving. I've tried a few things from pellets, flakes to fruit & veg. Never seem mine shed yet though.

I once went to my regular LFS (since closed down), it really was very very small, like 5 people in the shop and it was cramped =P But i got to know the guys there really well and one day i went in and a guy had dropped off a massive polystyrene box with 2 whopping great Oscars in and what i learnt that day to be a Blue Lobster. He must have been a good 7inches long he was huge. This guy was moving house and they were looking after the fish for them, unfortunately i was the one landed with the task of transfering this lobster to his new temporary home. First and last time i pick up a lobster with my hands.

Since then i've bought my own and hes roughly 3inches now, although i never see him, and nor have i ever seen him eat. I assume he does because he's surviving. I've tried a few things from pellets, flakes to fruit & veg. Never seem mine shed yet though.

lol, picking up a cray, is daunting. they can flick that tail with such power! :hyper:

you don't say how long you have had the cray. so judging how well its doing, moult wise, is hard.

the fact you dont see it much, probably, indicates a good environment. :good: food list looks very good. i would tend to ensure the veg/fruit is a bit passed its best, before putting it in. they do need some protein, roughly 30%, but plain roast chicken breast can sort that. also small amounts of fish bits. try to avoid shrimp (of any kind) they can and do carry a disease, which is fatal to cray/shrimp. strangely its called White Spot, though no relation to ICK.

any chance of a pic, when it comes out to feed?

Most reactions

Back