Blue Fish

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Are there any 1-2 inch fish that are blue? my 29 gallon (stocking in sig) has all red/orange fish. I didnt think about that when I added the cherry barbs. I would like some color variation. What is out there that will look good. Prefer them to have no red, so no neon tetras. I would like something bright, but different. Thanks
 
I would be nervous adding more livebearers. I only have so much room left in my tank. I cant support many more fry than the swordtails will supply. Thanks for the suggestion though.
 
I would be nervous adding more livebearers. I only have so much room left in my tank. I cant support many more fry than the swordtails will supply. Thanks for the suggestion though.


u dont have remove the fry that way they will be just eaten off in time leaving just ur original fish :)
 
I had 3 survive last batch doing that. So, with another set of livebearers, Ill have a better chance and getting much more.
 
I have what are called Black Harlequin Rasboras but if you ask me they are more blue than black.

They are line bred from normal harlequins to have bigger markings on their sides so that most of the fish is now the black/blue area.

Edit: There is a picture in the link to my community tank in my sig.
 
that was exactly what i was after when i decided to start keeping fish. i liked BLUE fish...little did i know all the nice blue fish were saltwater!

anyways, what i'm doing now to get my fill of blue is neon tetras. i have 5 at the moment, but want more.
shinies.jpg

i also have a deep blue FEMALE betta. i originally had gotten a blue male but with the rest of my fish, they tore his fins and eventually killed him.
females are working fine for me now that I removed my female kribensis. i do not suggest housing them together and my kribensis killed 3 of my bettas!

have you considered Neon Blue or Powder Blue Dwarf Gouramis? i had the powder in the past and they're beautiful fish, not deep blue though :rolleyes:
bloo.jpg


good luck and let us know what you decide to get :good:
 
Dwarf gourami's are a nice fish if a bit skittish and fragile. I'd have also said blue guppies, and you can get away with just males, I have and they're fine. Sparkling Gourami's are nice small fish that have a sparkling blue colour. Also if you can find them Lampeye Killifish are pale body with bright blue neon eyes. The last two are quite small fish though.
 
Your tank sounds like mine :hyper: my 'colour scheme' lol it goes from albino/flesh through white through peach through orange through red and my show piece fish are blue [gouramis]

If you want 1-2" blue fish I would go for either powder blue gourami which are quite deep bodied or a mixture of king blue and emperor tetra
 
I should elaborate a bit on that, my signature makes it look like I have other coloured fish too. I do, but they hide a lot I hardly ever see them. Mind you even my syno's are flesh coloured not patterned/brown etc.
The ones on show all the gouramis and bettas and cories, and they are all the colours I mentioned. It's a great spectrum, really shows up against the plants and wood well and under the lighting.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top