Blue background...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smithrc

My names Russell.... ....and I'm a
Reaction score
OK folks,

Heres the first piccy of my main tank (so go easy on me)

I Love to look of the dark blue background to the tanks (see FreshMike's HERE)

I've already got black but want the blue.

here is the tank,

tank.jpg

now the question is... will the blue background look ok in this room??

room.jpg

I think blue backgrounds on fish tanks always look good as it makes it look more aquatic.

I have a blue background on 2 of my tanks. One of them has plants at the bottom but it's mainly blue. IMO it's a good look.

That's a very nice tank you have there btw.

Hi just wanna say "Your tank looks very beautiful!!!!" :wub: :wub: :wub:

I think both backgrounds look nice, but I'd prefer black when considering colour match to your room :D (perhaps I'm biased ... mine's black :rolleyes: )

Black would be better with that tank and room. B)

Here's a cheap way to try it. Go to your local dollar store or whatever and buy a nice blue foil wrapping paper. The foil will not be ruined by the water around the tank if it splashes during a water change or anything and it should cost less that five dollars. As opposed to 3-4 dollars a foot for the background bought a your LFS. If you are not sure if it's what you want it is a really cheap way to try it anyway.

This is what I have on my 55gal tank and it looks great (and it cost me $1.20 for the entire tank and I still had enough for my sister's 10 gal). You can also change it up fairly eaisly with the black you already have or buy a nice sliver foil paper to create a mirrored background that also looks nice. By buying the wrapping paper you can also change it for the seasons (christmas, easter etc.) It may sound kinda tacky but trust me you can get very creative when walking down the gift wrap aisle at your favorite store :cool: :byebye: :kewlpics:

Rayne said:
By buying the wrapping paper you can also change it for the seasons (christmas, easter etc.) It may sound kinda tacky but trust me you can get very creative when walking down the gift wrap aisle at your favorite store.
:huh: I'll give the wrapping paper idea a miss.

The black i've got has blue on the other side (not quite the colour blue i wanted) so i'll try reversing it.

very nice tank.

Blue will look very good.

I See you have that Electric shock game - Is it Any Good, and how quickly did the Novelty wear off.

[off topic] lol... i got it as a leaving present a week ago last thursday....

Its dead funny - novelty wore off for everyone else after one shock...

Cant wait to try it after a few beers... should be gool as a drinking game :)
[on topic]

I'm actually doing the same debate right now. I did blue last time. I'm thinking of going with black this time around.

just to let you all know, i've stuck with black...

I did take it off and got rid of all the watermarks.

How do i got for the TOTM?? i've got 2 nomitations now so might as well give it a shot.. (outsider comes good?)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back