Blood Parrot Fish looks like a oscar

Big Boy Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got a blood parrot fish for my oscar, bichir tank and it looks very like my oscar.He is same colour code as my oscar but is getting blue lines but not orange and all his fins are the same as my oscar.
If you could tell me what breed or mix it is that would help, thank you

There are the pictures.

Attachments

• 20220112_173335.jpg
    20220112_173335.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220115_113938.jpg
    20220115_113938.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 48
picture on left shows an Oscar cichlid and a small dark blood parrot cichlid that is probably stressed, hence the dark markings. They are different fish tho.

Blood parrots are manufactured fish not found in nature, and the hybridization has moved around a lot. I have heard these hybrids have been crossed with a few other species, beyond the original recipe, so how they appear will vary.
You'll see when the little guy calms down and loses the stress markings.

When we bought him in the shop (With 4 other parrot fish) he was how he is now, I'll try to get a photo of him now since i took that photo after a 1hr we got him.

When we bought him in the shop (With 4 other parrot fish) he was how he is now, I'll try to get a photo of him now since i took that photo after a 1hr we got him.
S/He's cool looking. Hope it works out. Does he have a functioning mouth? Original BPs couldn't close their mouths but the breeders have bred some lines with functioning mouths. It doesn't cause the fish problems when eating because they are from fish with rear throat raspers instead of teeth

S/He's cool looking. Hope it works out. Does he have a functioning mouth? Original BPs couldn't close their mouths but the breeders have bred some lines with functioning mouths. It doesn't cause the fish problems when eating because they are from fish with rear throat raspers instead of teeth
He can't close his mouth but he eats bloodworm like noodles, the oscar shows a bit of aggresive but i dont think it will kill. Also i think he is a mix of a oscar and BP.

I think he can't close his mouth and i think the breeder mixed a oscar with a blood parrot fish
That's too bad about its mouth. I like BPs but that's always bothered me. I think oscars might be a bit too far removed to mix with midas and severum (my understanding of what fish were joined in unholy union) but if those two are possible than anything is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back