Bleeding Heart Tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ParadiseGuerrero

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Has anbody kept them before?
I have a group of six, i read up on them before hand so i knew they would be fairly nervous and possibly a bit nippy- they weren't fond of the betta at first but everyone gets along now. Between themselves they are terrible bullies but they leave all the others alone. However my question is that apart from the occasional chase of about 3/4' they don't do anything- they just stay in pretty much the same place near the front of the tank just kinda sat there(they're not on the bottom but they don't move places much). all the other fish like to explore the tank and swim amoung the plants but these guys just don't move around except if someone walks past to quickly/loudly then the cluster together before returning to how they were- but at feeding time they go mental shooting around everywhere- you'd think they had never been fed ;p .They don't seem shy- they just don't do much. Is this normal for Bleeding Heart Tetras- I only have barbs to judge by really, 0 experience with Tetras? they don't apear ill or anything and water is double 0's
I've had them for over a month now and they've not changed. They are in a 3.5 foot 120L tank with 6 black ruby barbs, 4 platies, 6 bronze cories, 1 male betta and 2 ghost shrimp plus a fair amoung of plants that are still growing in. Non of the fish are full grown yet (apart from possibly the betta- it's a bit hard to tell) they top at about 5cm max with most only being 3cm.
Any advise would be very welcome, thankyou

That's 'normal' for fish kept in smaller shoals; they're much shyer. If you could get some more, they'd probably swim around more too.

could my tank cope with any more? If so how many more?
I was under the impression I was pretty well stocked- my first plan was to have shoals of 10 for each species but figured that was far too much.

You could certainly add another three, IMO.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back