Bleeding Heart Tetras

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Squidward

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

Are Bleeding Heart Tetras known to nip fins?
I am thinking of my Angels being troubled by them.

Thanks
Squidward

Hi,

Are Bleeding Heart Tetras known to nip fins?
I am thinking of my Angels being troubled by them.

Thanks
Squidward

I have kept them with Angelfish without issues, but other's report that they do indeed become nippy as they grow to adult size(approx Two inches).Given that most of the bleeding heart tetra's offered for sale are quite small,, I would expect them to lay low around angelfish that are larger.
The group of eight that I kept,seldom ventured out from their favorite spot amongst some plant's near the bottom of the tank while the Angelfish,,Preferred to hang at mid depth regions.

Bleeding Heart Tetras, like most of the rounder fat Tetras will mildly nip. I have a similar tetra, some congo tetras, which nip everything except for my Angelfish pair. I don't think your BH Tetras will stand up to and nip a decent sized angelfish. more likely the other way round :p

Bleeding Heart Tetras, like most of the rounder fat Tetras will mildly nip. I have a similar tetra, some congo tetras, which nip everything except for my Angelfish pair. I don't think your BH Tetras will stand up to and nip a decent sized angelfish. more likely the other way round :p

Hi,

My Angels are still quite small.
One has a small chunk out of its tail fin.
So the finger of blame.....

Either my Congos - never shown any interest
Pearl Gouramis - chase each other but never any other fish
BHT - they were "it"?

Pearl gouramis definitively don't nip. HOw big are your congos? And how many do you have of them? Remember that nipping takes place mostly at night. I have congos with my angels and I haven't had problems so far.

The Congos are adult size. A group of 6. 1 male, 5 females.

My Pearls seem to chase each other around, but leave the other fish alone.

Well besides the 1 incident, there have been no others, so that will hopefully be the end of it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back