FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Gotta move 87 fish, 3 shrimp, and several snails today...

Because as an early birthday gift, my husband got me another tank to upgrade my blackwater tank to!

So plans as follows:

My tote pond fish: will be moved to the old 46g once its prepared for them.

My 46g fish: to the new 55!

My pangio loaches and dwarf gourami hybrid moved to a 20 on their own.

Needless to say I'll be busy moving fish around today.
This thread will be to document the move. No new cycle as everything will be moved over to the new tank, substrate plants, hardscape, filter, heater, etc.

Will be interesting to rescape, so will be brainstorming. The 55 will be a Amazon river biotope, not strict for locality though.

Plant list:
Amazon sword
Dwarf sag
Taller sag species
Duckweed
Hornwort

Fish list for the new 55:
18 corydoras
3 Farlowella twig catfish
12 black neon tetras
5 skirt tetras (retiring group)
1 L240 vampire pleco (grow out, he will be moved in the future)

Fish list being moved to the old 46:
1 baby common goldfish (grow out will move to pond)
1 lionchu goldfish
2 mollies
3 guppies
4 platies
Mystery snails

Last edited:
Can't wait for the updates! Happy birthday!!! ?
Early gift, not close to my birthday yet! But the tank was too good a deal so husband agreed to do it early.

Tank is on its way. The fun begins.

Cleaned up, now will paint the background black.
Then start draining my other tanks while I wait for the paint to dry.
The tote pond in the background will be the first to drain, since I need that spot for the new 55.
20201210_140307.jpg

The new 55 gallon looks like an Aqueon?
I dont know for sure, no brand name on it, but the light it came with is so ancient it needs 4 plugs to function haha ill put that in storage as it needs repair anyways.

The stand on this tank is short--finally a tank for a short person!! It comes up to my waist, the top of the tank, so its perfect height for scaping!
Stand is a metal welded stand, simple but sturdy. Its kinda nice having such a short tank. I won't need a step stool anymore for water changes

Currently draining the tote pond now, then moving that out and moving the 55 in that spot.

Pardon clutter i had to clean out the corner to move the tank where I needed it to go. Next up is draining the 46.
20201210_163027.jpg

Thinking ill put a black garbage bag over the side corner too. Background is painted but don't wanna paint the side in case I change my mind later

Ooohhhh. Not good. Not good at all. No bueno.

That sure made the vibes fall real flat real fast.

Now what? Put the 46 on the stand and move everything back and wait to find a new 55?

I'm really sorry that this happened :(

Well, before I drain it again to repair the centerbrace, this is the scape.
20201210_192346.jpg

Nah I'm gonna make a new centerbrace, just have to drain it enough that it sits flush together again, silicone that together, and silicone a new brace reinforcement out of a glass panel. The fish will have to manage a low water level until it cures fully.
20201210_191610.jpg

Most reactions

Back