Black Sailfin Molly Eye Bulging?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

IvIousey

Reaction score
i was looking in to ma community tank today to find that my sailfin has a rather large eye which is slightly cloudy and bulging quite badly im trying my best to get pik but very camera shy.

does anyone know what this can be other than this he seems very happy in his self and no other problems?

how can i help him i got this molly about 2 week ago and im new to keeping fish so please help

kind regards mousey

got these piks if it helps

PIC_0017.jpg

abc2.jpg

***Bump***

i have managed to get a treatment off my friend who also keeps fish and has kept them way longer than i can remember he says it could of bumped it or it could be bacterial he checked my water parimeters and says they are fine?

he has gave me a treatment called myxazin i have read the instructions over and over just to be sure it will help

it states it contains colour dye? i dont really like to use stuff that does this but this is a matter of my fish surviving i am trying my best to find a suitable hospital tank for him as i have young fry in the same tank and dont want to cause mayhem

please help as i dont want to lose him also please note i havent added any medication till im 100% on knowing what this is

regards mousey

Try the myxazin. Though it does say it only controls it. It sends the water abit green.
Don't forget to increase aeration.
There another med called anti internal bacteria med by interpet.

http://www.flippersandfins.net/pop-eye.htm

Try the myxazin. Though it does say it only controls it. It sends the water abit green.
Don't forget to increase aeration.
There another med called anti internal bacteria med by interpet.

[URL="http://www.flippersandfins.net/pop-eye.htm"]http://www.flippersandfins.net/pop-eye.htm[/URL]

obviously with it being sunday i cant get to a pet shop as i live in a rural area so the myxazin is the only thing i have readly available will this affect other fish? as i have very young fry and few month old fry in the same tank i am trying my best to source a hospital tank as i already have my hosital tank in use with a very aggresive gourami while his tank is cycling?

i really dont want to cause more problems or harm young fish?

as i am not 100% sure what the molly has so i have done a 25% water change as recomended by my friend

i was also woundering about air in the tank such as the attachment for the fluval internal filter as i use this to get air in the tank would i be better off reducing the power of the filter to minumium and using a seperate air stone?

thanks for the quick reply wilder

regards mousey

You can only half dose with fry in the tank.
Try the myxazin it does work on popeye sometimes. It depends on how bad it is.
Hook an airstone up as it best to have an airstone running in warmer weather.

You can only half dose with fry in the tank.
Try the myxazin it does work on popeye sometimes. It depends on how bad it is.
Hook an airstone up as it best to have an airstone running in warmer weather.

ok thank you very much for the so quick reply have hooked up a airstone should i reduce my pump or just leave it as it is?

i will give this myaxazin a go i have just added just under half the stated dose for my tank now its a matter of patience and seeing if he gets any better

really appretiate the help wilder thankyou

regards mousey

Do you have a plastic nozzle that you can turn the flow up or down.
It's always best to issolate sick fish for treatment.
If you can get an islation tank you then could use the full dose.

Do you have a plastic nozzle that you can turn the flow up or down.
It's always best to issolate sick fish for treatment.
If you can get an islation tank you then could use the full dose.

ok no problem i could not source an isolation tank i have adjusted the tank to maximize air and also just added half the stated dose of myxazin he seems to happy in him self at the mo so i will see what i can do to sort a isolation tank out for tommorow as i do realise i will have trouble healing him with only half the stated does and also that you cant repeatadly use it with fry in the tank

in regards to plastic nozzle do you mean the one thats cause bubbles if so this is fitted and producing air bubbles as well as a brand new airstone which is producing a large amount of bubbles

regards mousey

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back