Black Onyx True Percula Clownfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JJ..that seems to be a fair price for two paired clowns, coming from a company that guarantees them for 14 days and has done the work for you. HOWEVER....don't get mad at me....I'd let your tank mature a little bit. One of my thread followers just lost two paired black perculas after 2 days and he was hurting. $199 is a big hit to take and marine losses occur most frequently after tank setup. Maybe you'd want to start out with a more 'forgiving' fish like a firefish, save room for the two percs, and add them when you are sure tank conditions are stable. Beauty occurs slowly, disaster happens quickly. Just don't want you to lay out that money and then lose one. SH

Edit...PS...I've used liveaquaria.com many times and I think they are reliable and stand behind their guarantee. I just received this guy from them the other day and I have yet to get him to eat. In fact, 50% of my fish came from LA:

clingfish1.jpg

Ive already talked myself out of it for the time being, settled on two regular black perculas, which should be here any minute. along with a devils hand coral and a polyp.

Sounds cool JJ, sounds like you are on your way to a great tank....be careful with the placement of the devils hand coral if you plan on any LPS coral. Post some pix when you get it all setup. SH

Good choice on the black percs, i love mine. He's paired up with an orange perc.
FWIW those neon cleaner gobies have a low survival rate long term in tanks.

P4180004.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back