Black molly fungus and fin rot

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fiori

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 3 month old black molly isolated in a hospital tank, where he was moved to about 4 weeks ago. His tail and fins were starting to fray badly and disappear and he also had grayish patches on his head and body.

I started treating with Interpet no. 8 (anti-fungus and finrot) and also added a wee bit of salt.

He has always had a good appetite and has shown no changes in behaviour but I cannot get rid of the gray patches. The fins are healing and the patches looked like they were finally going to disappear last week, but they now seem to be getting worse again. He is still eating fine and swimming about quite happily.

I've been doing regular water changes, 30% before I redose the tank.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
pH 6 (always sits at this level)

What else can I do? It seems to be taking AGES!! :unsure: Any advice would be very welcome.

The grey patches are columaris and you will need an antibiotic treatment not a fungus one, you will need to add some salt to the tank if you have no scaless fish, also i would do some salt bath as the desease hates salt, here is a link for you to read.

you won't be able to get an antibiotic treatment here in the uk only through a vet, so you will have to use anti internal bacteria med by interpet.

The interpet 8 medication I'm using is for flexibacter, as I had done a search on google to try and diagnose the problem originally.

I have had a slight outbreak of planaria 2 days ago, as it's difficult to feed the right amount for one fish - I wonder if thats why it seems to have come back - your link was useful thx :)

Should I keep going with the current med (interpet 8) or get one for anti internal bacteria (Interpet 9)?

Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back