BLACK MOLLIES

MILLERKEV

Reaction score
HI EVERY ONE MY 1ST POST I SET UP TANK ON THE 1ST OF JAN THIS YEAR MY WATER IS FINE ON ALL COUNTS I RECENTLY BOUGHT 2 BLACK MOLLIES WHICH GOT WHITE SPOT VERY EARLY ON SO I TREATED IT BUT IN THE MEAN TIME LOST A COUPLE OF FISH(MOST UPSETTING) BUT NOT UNUSUAL FOR A BEGGINER SINCE THEN 2 WEEKS OR SO AGO MY FISH R FINE UNTIL MY G/FRIEND JUST RUNG ME AT WORK TO TELL ME THAT THE BLACK MOLLIE (JUST ONE) IS GOING FOR EVERY THING IN THE TANK AND AS LOADS OF WHITE SPOTS AGAIN IT WAS FINE THIS AFTERNOON WHEN I CAME TO WORKI HAVE TOOK ADVICE TURNED TEMP UPTO 80 PUT A LITTLE SALT IN ETC AND WAS ASSURED EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTILL TONIGHT THAT WAS WHAT CAN BE WRONG ???

I think u should raise the temp to 82 degrees and add a table spoon per gallon. Hurry up give her and them there own little salt bath.

LAST TIME I WAS TREATING THEM I ROSE TEMP TO 85 AND WAS TOLD TO LOWER TO 80 AFTER 5 DAYS OF TREATING ALSO I WAS TOLD NOT TO PUT FULL DOSE OF SALT IN BECAUSE OF THE CLOWN ONLY TO PUT 1/2 AMOUNT IN WHICH FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS WAS 6 SPOONS TO MY 34 GAL TANK

ALSO WHILE WERE ON WITH SALT DO YOU JUST ADD IT TO THE TANK WATER THERE YOU GO MY SON R DO YOU TAKE SOME WATER OUT OF THE TANK GIVE IT A GOOD OLD MIX UP THEN ADD IT BACK TO TANK IN A SLUDGEY KINDA FORM ?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Not trying to sound rude, but I find it's very hard to read text that's in all CAPS and seems to be a big run on sentence.

Sorry amerz, was in middle of 13 hour night shift not thining straight, would still like some help though , just of to look inmy pump for the black stuff foundout today the itch treatmant wont work if its in the filter so wish me luck

hi, first of all You dont need any medicine with your treatment for ich if you would just turn up your temp to 85 degrees and add some salt that is all you need to do keep this higher of temp for a week or so and it will get rid of your ich the parasite cannot survive at this high of a temp. You could give the mollie a little salt bath to this helps to.

hi have put salt in the tank, what do you mean by a salt bath take the black mollie out of the tank ? and put extra salt in just for her ?if so how much to how much water ?please help thanks

Black mollies have a disease that they carry called black molly disease, I have an 80 gallon tank with 3 black mollies and it appears that they get ick about once a month but I just let them be and it clears up within a couple of days and never harms the 50 other fish in the tank.

Well the only time i ever lost any fish was when the mollie had the white spot at this present time all seems well fish are eating very well the black mollie as stopped(just about)chasing everything in the tank and i am thinking of putting in 3 new clowns so the 1 clown i have isnt lonely any more

Hold it Hold it!!!!! This is probably not ich but molly spot!!!! It is due to bad water conditions. Mollies are brackish fish and bad water conditions or water that they don't agree with causes this spot. Add salt to your tank and make sure params are acceptable. Good luck and please take note :kana:

Most reactions

Back