The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WillowDryad

Reaction score
I have a red wag platy that will not leave my big calico (cant remember exact name) platy male alone. He tries to use his gonopodium on him all day long. I had another Micky male in the tank I had to move because red would dart at him, so I don't believe it's territorial. He likes the female fish too, just absolutely hated the Micky. Other than that he's a really randy fish.

My question is, is my bullied male a hermaphadite? He's huge, bigger then all the females and male, and he has a big round belly like a female, when I bought him I believed him pregnant. But he has a clear gonopodium upon inspection. He's never tried anything with the females. Not sure what's up. Wanted opinions.

They've been at this since I got them a month and a half ago, it doesn't seem to stress the big male out, hes a big oaf. Doesn't care about anything that happens around him haha

The male with gender in question is the orange and black one in the picture. Definitely male, I believe.
20170521_101148.jpg

But he hated my other male so badly I had to retank him. He'd chase him all around the tank. This male he loves looks weird. Very very fat. If there's such a thing as a balloon platy, I may have bought one under another guise lol

I don't understand fish, if that article is true.... Smh. You'd think that with that behavior they'd think he's "unavailable" lmao

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back