Birdwatchers/Animal Watchers?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
We have a mystery bird that hangs out here. It's a huge bird the size of a large raven/eagle with a huge wingspan. It looks like a giant pigeon. Talk about bizarre. Never been able to get a pic tho
Can you try to get a pic and put it here? Doesn't have to be an award winning portrait, maybe a zoomed in vid might do well as well.

I was in my bedroom when I heard the loud sound of glass shattering. Then another minute passed and I heard more shattering and banging sounds. That’s when I went into the kitchen and looked out the small window in the door and saw the hawk banging around the walls and windows of the porch trying to get out. I went out onto the porch and then I coaxed it to fly out with a stick as I opened the third window. Glass was everywhere on the porch floor. Luckily there was no blood. I believe it was a Northern Goshawk. It had a very large wingspan.

A year earlier I saw a goshawk on top of my bird feeder. It was about 3 feet away from my office window so I had a great view. I found a dead small bird on the ground under the feeder. It may have been the same goshawk that flew through the porch window a year later since we usually don’t see birds of prey in my suburban neighborhood.

Last edited:
Two can play that game.

SavedImage_20190120_140117_01 (1).jpg
SavedImage_20190605_174138_01.jpg
SavedImage_20190630_135712_01.jpg

I was in my bedroom when I heard the loud sound of glass shattering. Then another minute passed and I heard more shattering and banging sounds. That’s when I went into the kitchen and looked out the small window in the door and saw the hawk banging around the walls and windows of the porch trying to get out. I went out onto the porch and then I coaxed it to fly out with a stick as I opened the third window. Glass was everywhere on the porch floor. Luckily there was no blood. I believe it was a Northern Goshawk. It had a very large wingspan.
That's crazy

Can you try to get a pic and put it here? Doesn't have to be an award winning portrait, maybe a zoomed in vid might do well as well.
Next time I see I will try

I cant find anything online about a bird like the one near us

The one on my porch looked like this

Are these your pictures?

I can see an Anhinga, Peafowl (Java or Indian?), and Black-Crowned Night Heron.

EDIT : It's a Yellow-Crowned, I needed to reidentify lol. Idk how I missed the fact that there was no black crown.
All mine. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back