BIO-Wheel Filters

Aussie_Star

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hey
um i have just been wondering in the last couple of days about BIO-Wheel Filters. What do they do? and cause I hav a 80 gallon tank and was wondering it i need one? . I have a Aqua One 1200 canister filter for my tank.

So do i need one or am i doing fine

I check all my levels every 2 days and kept them at the minimuim level get ph 7.0 etc
thanxs for ya help

A bio-wheel filter works like a wet/dry filter (usually used in marine tanks). By exposing the filter media to the air, many times the amount of bacteria can live in the filter due to increased oxygen availability. From what I've heard they get clogged up often and the wheel stops turning.

I use them and they are far better than canister filters, to me canisters become nitrate factories but its up to you :)

i have biowheels on 5 of my tanks. don't have any problem with them and no water quality issues either. i like them.

In my experience, they don't hurt, but they don't live up to the hype either, and are noisy. I like them on very small tanks where there isn't much surface area for the bacteria, but on larger tanks the Aquaclears or canisters are a better choice in my experience.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back