Big congo tetras

daveP

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
a pic of my congo's

oh and thanks to all that responded to my last pics i posted, its nice to get feedback

Attachments

• congo.jpg
    congo.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 57
Looks great, I love Congos especailly the males whom under the right light look fantastic. :)

I've seen congo tetras in the stores but never with the bright copper stripe yours have. I know that a lot of fish improve their colors when they are brought home and put into a better environment. Is that the case here or is your camera playing tricks with coloring? Great looking fish!

Great looking Congos....how many do you have?? I was interestd in them for my 75g a while back.......you have re-kindled my interest!!

Nice Looking Males, DaveP. How many do you have? Any females?

I have 5, 2m/3f, in my 80g and absolutely love them. Great active fish.

FanOFish, you may have seen tank raised ones. They don't get the pretty colors like the wild caught do, for some reason?

FanOFish said:
I've seen congo tetras in the stores but never with the bright copper stripe yours have. I know that a lot of fish improve their colors when they are brought home and put into a better environment. Is that the case here or is your camera playing tricks with coloring? Great looking fish!
Hi,

Congos are often sold as young specimens that have not fully developed their wonderful finnage and colours. It can take a month or so before the males true colours start to emerge. :)

hi all

my congo's actually look better in real life, the camera does not show the true colours they actually hae a vivid blue stripe running down their body.

Mine were not as colourful when young, but through good conditions and varied foods they have turned out to be large colourful and peacful fish.. i have three males and am looking to buy some females to go with them.

thanks

dave

I love your fish!!! I'm going to be getting some for my 65 gallon very soon......maybe lol. I haven't decided what fish I'm going to be buying this week, but I will for sure be getting congo's at some point. I love them!! :wub:

Gabe

Hi Gabe

Thanks

Yeah go for the congos they are very cool, and did suprise me once when i was putting a new plant into the tank and one of them bit a finger, he must have been hungry

dave

If you don't mind my asking, how much were those little beauties?? I know the are more expensive than any of the other tetras around here. I think $5 each at Pets plus and $10 each at a mom and pop store. That's a lot of money. I want 6 but might have to buy only a couple at a time :/

Gabe

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back