Bichir Pics?

I've got quite a few of them. Is there any particular species of Polypterus that you want to see pictures of?

-Joe
 
I've got quite a few of them. Is there any particular species of Polypterus that you want to see pictures of?

-Joe
nope nothing specific. just looking to see some nice bichirs. i cant seem to find my pics of my ornate, ill post them when i find them.
 
heres dino
paulasholidayandneilsfishes185.jpg

paulasholidayandneilsfishes183.jpg

paulasholidayandneilsfishes182.jpg

paulasholidayandneilsfishes181.jpg

havent had him long but hes great :good:
 
here is an old one of three of my bichirs
trio1.jpg

:good:
 
That an Endli, Ornate and Delhezi?

Here is my Senegal, im just awaiting to get my hands on a Teugelsi and a Delhezi :)

senegal_01.jpg


senegal_02.jpg


senegal_03.jpg
 
OK....here are a few of mine:

P. bichir lapradei

Pblapradei2a.jpg


P. delhezi

pdelhezi3cd.jpg


P. endlicheri endlicheri

Pendlicheri1.jpg


P. mokelembembe

Pretropinnis9.jpg


P. ornatipinnis

Pornatipinnis10.jpg


P. palmas buettikoferi

Ppbuettekoferi3.jpg


P. palmas polli

Ppolli18.jpg


P. senegalus

Psenegalus5.jpg


P. senegalus
(albino)

psenegalusalbino7.jpg



-Joe
 
:hyper: jesus Fruitbat that del and the ornate are stunning, i've never seen any with markings like those before.
 
I was going to say the same thing, the Del and Ornate look like hybrids. Ive seen a few threads about this on other forums lately.
 
Fruitbat those are the nicest birchirs I have ever seen.Amazing :drool:
 
Thanks for the kind words...

Neither the P. delhezi nor the P. ornatipinnis are hybrids. The P. delhezi is a particularly nicely-marked one that I got from Toyin at Rehoboth Aquatics and the P. ornatipinnis is definitely one of the most brilliantly marked specimens that I've ever had.

Here's another shot of each of those fish:

Pdelhezi-1000.jpg


Pornatipinnis9.jpg


-Joe
 
wow joe! i envy you. i absolutely love that buttikoferi! ive wanted one for sooo long!
 
Here are a few more of my bichir beasts:

Polypterus endlicheri congicus

pecongicus9.jpg


Polypterus palmas palmas

Ppalmas3.jpg


Polypterus retropinnis

punkn3as.jpg


Polypterus weeksii

Pweeksii1.jpg


Erpetoichthys calabaricus


Ecalabaricus7.jpg


-Joe
 
always enjoy showing off my fish (about the lump in his tummy, i think he swallowed a piece of gravel when i was unaware they did such a thing, hes had it for over a year now)

xmas2007136.jpg


EDIT, got another pic of the bichir
xmas2007135.jpg


he hides a lot so its kinda hard to get a pic.

EDIT #2, got some better ones

xmas2007003.jpg

xmas2007004.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top