Betta's In Fish Bowls With No Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

if you have a gallon size fish bowl or more

if you have a warm house-if no heater in a small bowl

if you keep really really on top of water changes- my hm male is in a 2 gallon with a heater but no filter cause he doesnt like it

thats how it can be done...but really a 2 gallon or more tank is easier to take care of, breeders sometimes jar up babies in mason sized jars to grow them out, but that requires constant vigilance and 2 or more 100% water changes a day.

in other words as a short term thing its passable, long term its a pain in the bum.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to do that at all.

I have unfiltered and unheated tanks but i have a very warm room and i change the water regular (which yes, is a pain in the bum) I go without filter as i find my ettas are happier without it. Its a case of whatever you feel happiest with really.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to do that at all.
some appartments/dorms/rented places have limits on the size of tanks you can have...like no more then a 2 gallon fish bowl...reason being the renter is probebly not putting a downpayment for a pet and if a big tank falls or leaks...ruins carpet...then the landlord has to go to the trouble and money of replacing things.

Imo anything less then a 1-2 gallon on a permant basis is tough on the fish.

actualy some landlords do care, and write specific things into the lease about it.

not that I dont agree with you, a nice big tank with heater and filter is best, I was mearly bringing up why some people might do it.

Good grief, I'd definitely argue the case with said landlord. There's just no excuse IMO.

Most reactions

trending

Back