Bettas And Snails Are Suppose To Get Along Right?

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So my betta is probably four months old (maybe five old). I got him back in April. I've had the snail in the tank since I got the betta. Today my snail was just trucking along like he always does when my betta swims over and nips at the snails head! I've never seen him do that before, should I've worried? Will bettas get more aggressive as they get older? I'm slightly worried about my snail :/

Snails are pretty good at looking after themselves as long as they are not compromised by water quality or age.
My betta sometimes nudges my zebra nerites but they just hang in there and eventually he loses interest and moves away.

It all depends on the betta's personality. I have heard of some killing snails before but havn't had one do it myself. I havn't tried anything with my newest guy though and with how hard he attacks my finger I would think he might
tongue2.gif

Like Mamashack said, the snail should be okay and the betta should get bored and leave it alone. What type of snail is it btw?

It's a tiger snail. It just worried me because I've never seen Spiderman do that before.

It all depends on the betta's personality.  There are some bettas that will attack a snail relentlessly until the snail dies, others never seem to notice a snail in their tank, and others will take an occasional nip at the snail if it comes within the line of sight but won't consistently harass the snail or kill it.  I would just keep an eye out and see how he continues to react with the snail and then decide how you want to proceed if Spiderman continues to be aggressive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back