Betta Swim Bladder?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlolm

Reaction score
My Betta is acting strange since about a week and half. He hangs out at the top of the tank and was swimming sideways for just a couple seconds a few times. But I thought it was odd how he swam.

Now his tankmates are starting to pick on him, i fear its because he is sick and weak and now they are starting to nip at him and he can not swim very fast right now.

I followed a guide on swim bladder disease. I took him out of his community tank and put him in an isolated bulbous glass pitcher full of room temparature water i use for water changes.

I kept him there for 4 days, i did not feed him, by the 4th day he was barely moving at all and looked very unhappy. I was affraid he was near death. Then i tried to feed him a frozen pea. He did not even notice it going into the water. It quickly sank to the bottom and he either did not notice it or ignored it.

Finally, worried about him not moving much, i put him back in the community tank. Now he is still sitting int he corner at the top and not moving much. The smaller fish are bullying and nipping at him as mentioned.

I have another calmer tank, i could maybe put him in now to let him regain his strength but i'm not sure really what to do, quarantining him didnt seem to work. As he never ate the peas and started getting very very lethargic. Iit was just still water, unfiltered, with no motion, so maybe that had something to do with it but the guide i read never said anythign about that being a problem.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-08-07 at 17.05.01.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-07 at 17.05.01.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 169

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back