Betta sick again.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The gray patch could be scarring from an injury or the infection he had.
I thought that too but it is not getting smaller, in fact it was a small patch around the bump and now it's half his face, unless all that area was damaged and now its showing signs, either way he got the bump for a 3rd time, so there must be something causing it. :/:/

The swelling and the bump are gone completely. I can't keep him in the quarantine tank for too long either because he is so bored by himself and keeps staying at the bottom dragging himself and scratching his fins and tail, started having some fin rot, but it heals very fast when I put him back in the main tank (he swims perfectly fine and eats when I keep him company, no breathing issues, no bloating etc., it's just boredom, I keep the quarantine tank really clean and use remineralized RO water in there too and testing the water quality).

I thought that too but it is not getting smaller, in fact it was a small patch around the bump and now it's half his face, unless all that area was damaged and now its showing signs, either way he got the bump for a 3rd time, so there must be something causing it. :/:/

The swelling and the bump are gone completely. I can't keep him in the quarantine tank for too long either because he is so bored by himself and keeps staying at the bottom dragging himself and scratching his fins and tail, started having some fin rot, but it heals very fast when I put him back in the main tank (he swims perfectly fine and eats when I keep him company, no breathing issues, no bloating etc., it's just boredom, I keep the quarantine tank really clean and use remineralized RO water in there too and testing the water quality).
Okay! It seems you keep him very healthy. I would keep him in the main tank and observe for a week or two. If the gray patch doesn't go away, it could be scarring/new coloring/some sort of bacterial infection (which I doubt). Has @Colin_T helped you yet? He knows the most.

Update: They last 2 days he was not doing well, he stopped eating, he was really lethargic, and his face swell a lot again. I started an antibacterial treatment with esha 2000 this time, I. Found him dead an hour ago. I am devastated. I knew that he had health issues when I got him, but I still hoped he will make it through. At the very least he had a better life the last 3 months. :(:(:(

? Sorry to hear that

I am so sorry. You tried really hard and gave him a really great last few months:byebye::rip:

Update: They last 2 days he was not doing well, he stopped eating, he was really lethargic, and his face swell a lot again. I started an antibacterial treatment with esha 2000 this time, I. Found him dead an hour ago. I am devastated. I knew that he had health issues when I got him, but I still hoped he will make it through. At the very least he had a better life the last 3 months. :(:(:(
Oh goodness I am so sorry for your loss. I feel terrible! I am so glad you gave him a nice home for the time he was alive. I am sure he appreciated you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back