Betta Imbellis

lilacamy931

Starting again
Reaction score
As some will have read and helped, getting into bettas. We will be getting a betta splendid soon in August.

I fancy giving the breeding of these a go (not anytime soon but am reading into it) and I really really like the Betta Imbellis. Has anyone good links on these types of fish?

I wanted to know if breed them would the fry be in demand or would I have difficulty getting shops to take them? (The idea of breeding would not be for profit, just something I really really would like to try). But don't want to end up with lots of babies and no need for them (that probably does not make sense sorry!)

Also with my brief reading have read a pair can live peacefully together?

Would a 10 gallon (38 litres) do them and are they jumpers?

Any tips greatly appreciated. :)

THEY are jumpers fpudn 2 of mine on the floor this morning - got a gap in the lid - getting whole new hood by end of week so hopefully no more will jump

mine are in a 400 litre corner community tank and doing well - apart from the jumping

REMEMBER these fish are wild caught so it would be good to start breeding them to cut down on having to have them being caught from the wild - best bet is to ask your LFS before you breed to see if they would be interested in the babies - most wont home any fry until they are around an inch in length (approx 12 weeks for imbellis) so you will need somewhere to house 100+ fry for the 12 weeks

they also need to have indian almond leaves in the tank and you have to remove carbon from your filters as the tannins are good for the fish and depending where they are caught they are used to in the wild

Most reactions

trending

Back