Betta fish needs urgent help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Priyank rao

Reaction score
Guys i would appreciate a quick response, and i would be very thankful for all responses, im a new betta fish owner and i have no idea whats happening to her.

my betta fish was being inactive for a last 3-4 days, I had it since 1 year now its my first fish and im very attached to it, few days ago i noticed it has stringy white poo. And since then she is hardly moving and yesterday she stopped eating, she had a beautiful tail, now her tail looks all torn, they are no sharp objects in the tank, she's in a 10 gallon by himself, cycled, filtered, heated at around 78-79.

Im from india, i tried calling a few vets, there are no doctors for fish in india, and no high end medicine as i have seen in others posts here, however i have managed to get the following set of medicine.

I have put her on fast since yesterday, im thinking of feeding her pea tomorrow, and if she refuses to eat the pea, to use the parasite and fin rot medicine at the same time, can i use both the medicine at the same time?

Guys please suggest what i can do to save her.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220416-213628_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220416-213628_Chrome.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 47
Guys i would appreciate a quick response, and i would be very thankful for all responses, im a new betta fish owner and i have no idea whats happening to her.

my betta fish was being inactive for a last 3-4 days, I had it since 1 year now its my first fish and im very attached to it, few days ago i noticed it has stringy white poo. And since then she is hardly moving and yesterday she stopped eating, she had a beautiful tail, now her tail looks all torn, they are no sharp objects in the tank, she's in a 10 gallon by himself, cycled, filtered, heated at around 78-79.

Im from india, i tried calling a few vets, there are no doctors for fish in india, and no high end medicine as i have seen in others posts here, however i have managed to get the following set of medicine.

I have put her on fast since yesterday, im thinking of feeding her pea tomorrow, and if she refuses to eat the pea, to use the parasite and fin rot medicine at the same time, can i use both the medicine at the same time?

Guys please suggest what i can do to save her.
What are the instructions on the white medicine?
You can try upping the temp slowly to around 84F and add aquarium salt (I think it’s 1 tbs per 5 gallon but would have to check to make sure) to start off with and see if that works. If not you will have to medicate.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If the fish has stopped eating and done a stringy white poop, it has an internal bacterial infection and will probably die. Unfortunately by the time they stop eating and do the stringy white poop, there is usually major internal organ damage and no amount of care will fix it.

The following link has information on fish doing stringy white poop.

Do any of the bottles list the ingredients?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If the fish has stopped eating and done a stringy white poop, it has an internal bacterial infection and will probably die. Unfortunately by the time they stop eating and do the stringy white poop, there is usually major internal organ damage and no amount of care will fix it.

The following link has information on fish doing stringy white poop.
Hey, the fish ate a little, is it internal bacteria or parasite, im thinking of giving her parasite medicine.

And no the medicine do not list the ingredients, please any help, even .1% chance im willing to take it.

Google finds a hit which says Dr White Anti Parasite treats external parasites rather than internal. It won't treat intestinal parasites.

Mr. White is very effective against 1. Fugal infection and false fungal infections 2. Almost all external parastice infection of protozoa such as ich, chilodonella, costia (lchthyobodo) trichodina and tetrahymena 3. sometimes skin and gill flukes.4. slows down bacterial infections such as the beginning stage of columaris disease.

If the fish is still eating a bit, then it could be an internal protozoan infection and Metronidazole is the medication of choice. But again it depends on how bad the internal organs have been affected.

Metronidazole is sold by a few companies including one product called "API General Cure".

Im starting the treatment with mr white, it says 1.2 ml for 100l water, im doing the treatment with less dosage initially.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back