The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Does the topfin have a thermostat to keep temperature constant? My tetra thermostatically controlled 50 watt heater in my 5 gallon does not have to work hard to keep temp at a steady 78. It should be fine in your 2 gallon as well.

I dont really know the tempature of the room I would say 70 tops so to cold without a heater. I have an aqueon mini 10 watt heater, the other one is great has kept my tank at a steady 81, the only problem with returning it is i completely tore apart the package to get it out so i dont think they will take it back. The fish is doing great though, very happy and a LARGE bubble nest so I'm torn on what to do
I will be the lone voice of dissent here. From what you describe everything sounds OK. The bubble nest is a very good sign. I've always kept my Bettas warm and they do just fine.

Okay, update: I went to the pet store and all they had was the same Aqueon heaters (literally carried no other brand of heater) and got the same one but 5 watts since it's for smaller tanks. I´m going to install it today and hopefully, that one works better!

You should have brought back the bad heater and asked for a refund. Again, I recommend a heater that has a thermostat that is either adjustable or is set to keep temperature at around 78. They sell them on Amazon.

Most reactions

trending

Back