Betta cross tail types

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have male looks like delta tail. He is plakat X HM. And have female VT x HM.
If i breed them will i get 50% halfmoon?

Going off a basic punnet square then no it would be more like a 25% chance.

As I said, basic. It's of course much complicated than that because it depends on the actual genotype of the fish, if your male looks like a delta then it may be a parent had a delta gene and passed that on rather than the half moon so that lowers your chances but again without knowing the genotype it's all guesswork. I'll be honest I know jack all about fish genes, horse genetics are more of a strong point but I did read that veil tail is a dominant gene.

As I said, basic. It's of course much complicated than that because it depends on the actual genotype of the fish, if your male looks like a delta then it may be a parent had a delta gene and passed that on rather than the half moon so that lowers your chances but again without knowing the genotype it's all guesswork. I'll be honest I know jack all about fish genes, horse genetics are more of a strong point but I did read that veil tail is a dominant gene.
Yes. I read too. Long fins are dominant. I think due to traditional plakat mix with halfmoon will bring delta tail may be. I think should have use hmpk instead of plakat to get halfmoon.

Most reactions

Back