Betta confusion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Alyssa02

Reaction score
I donā€™t know what is wrong with my male betta. I got 2 males yesterday and one of them was very active and liked swimming around. But today he seems not right. He is staying in the top corner of his tank not moving around. He ate this morning. And the other betta ate too and he seems perfectly fine. They have connecting tanks with the same water but are separated by a wall. He isnā€™t interested in moving at all. I am concerned heā€™s sick. And Iā€™ve added stress coat to both of their waters. I just donā€™t know what is wrong with him

check the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

post pictures of the fish.

have plants in the tank, especially floating plants.

check the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

post pictures of the fish.

have plants in the tank, especially floating plants.
Ok. I just doesnā€™t make sense because my other fish has the same water because I got specific betta water and I put cleaner in it already and changed the water but I will try that. My other fish isnā€™t showing any signs of this behavior

This is my fish

Attachments

• 7FB85505-0E2D-46A6-B015-95A70B84C963.jpeg
    7FB85505-0E2D-46A6-B015-95A70B84C963.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 77
Could you explain what you mean by "specific betta water"? Most of us use dechlorinated tap water.

Hi, did you cycle your tank? Also you don't have to buy "betta water" you can just do like what essjay said it should be less pricy on the long term. How many gallon is their tank?

Hi, did you cycle your tank? Also you don't have to buy "betta water" you can just do like what essjay said it should be less pricy on the long term. How many gallon is their tank?
It is a waterfall tank so I turned the flow way down and it has a filter but when I have it on it just makes noise and it doesnā€™t do anything so I just keep it off. And itā€™s about 1.3 gallons

He just swims from corner to corner and lets his tail point towards The bottom. He hasnā€™t moved really all day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 74
He just swims from corner to corner and lets his tail point towards The bottom. He hasnā€™t moved really all day
You might not want to hear that but your tank is too small, you should really consider getting for both of your betta a 5 gallon or just get one and give back one betta to your LFS. If you can't get them another tank for now you will need to do waterchange almost everyday because without live plants in a small amount of water like that, the water will become toxic to your fish pretty fast. I don't know what your betta has but he might also just be stressed because he is in a new tank but please consider what I said at the begening

You might not want to hear that but your tank is too small, you should really consider getting for both of your betta a 5 gallon or just get one and give back one betta to your LFS. If you can't get them another tank for now you will need to do waterchange almost everyday because without live plants in a small amount of water like that, the water will become toxic to your fish pretty fast. I don't know what your betta has but he might also just be stressed because he is in a new tank but please consider what I said at the begening
If I get a bigger tank will I have to get a filter system or anything. Or can it just be water

If I get a bigger tank will I have to get a filter system or anything. Or can it just be water
Well If you have very fast growing plants and floating plants you should be good and the betta will apreciate them a lot. There is a lot of "no filter tank" on youtube, you should go take a look it is very interesting. MD fish tank, Foo the flowerhorn and many other youtuber have these type of tank and they did video about them. Oh I forgot if you can't just have a tank, you need heater for the betta and light for the plants.

Well If you have very fast growing plants and floating plants you should be good, there is a lot of "no filter tank" on youtube, you should go take a look it is very interesting. MD fish tank, Foo the flowerhorn and many other youtuber have these type of tank and they did video about them. Oh I forgot if you can't just have a tank, you need heater for the betta and light for the plants.
Ok I do have a heater for both fish tanks and where do I find the plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back