betta comp (closing date for pics 09/08/05)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bloozoo2 said:
betta_fish said:
wow so many beautiful bettas. You guys are good photographers i can't make them like that,man. *hires photographer* hehe.Well i don't have any pics but urs are so beautiful ;D
[snapback]859991[/snapback]​
You will actually find that most of these pictures on here were not taken by the current owners, but by the breeders in Thailand :/ (it's like the pics on Aquabid).
[snapback]860264[/snapback]​
i use the pictures from bettaman as the camera i have is rubbish :thumbs:

red-devil0602 said:
bloozoo2 said:
betta_fish said:
wow so many beautiful bettas. You guys are good photographers i can't make them like that,man. *hires photographer* hehe.Well i don't have any pics but urs are so beautiful ;D
You will actually find that most of these pictures on here were not taken by the current owners, but by the breeders in Thailand :/ (it's like the pics on Aquabid).
i use the pictures from bettaman as the camera i have is rubbish :thumbs:
[snapback]860435[/snapback]​

Yep - the majority of his are actually from the Thai Breeders - they are often on his website before they even arrive in the country. But nothing wrong with that at all :) I'm just pointing that out in case some people feel bad because they can't take the same awesome pics.
I know from my own I struggle to get my fish look anything like the pic from the breeder when I take a snap.

best way to get a picture as of the ones that come from breeders is to take them outside with a green plant or something behind thats how they achieve the quality pictures..........
This i dont own anymore but has never seen Thailand but was one i took just a good tip for good phot`s

female-tb1.JPG

Heres my queen Bee, out of all my females shes the boss. unfortuneately don't have a photo of my White DT male (Doh!! )

light-blue-wtype.jpg

bloozoo2 said:

Yup, since I can't take pics of Fiyero until the 10th or 11th, I used one Cathy took of him, and just perdied it up a bit ;) As soon as he arrives and gets his colour back I'm going on a marathon photography session :hey:

bloozoo2 said:
betta_fish said:

This is true, and also one of the reasons that BOTM didn't work out.

But, all of you can take great betta photos, it just takes patience and the perfect angle. I take 60 shots of one fish and wind up with maybe two that are usable. :rolleyes:

Exactly Wuv - I think mine turned out pretty well and I just have a basic digicam - but yeah, it takes like 50 snap to get 1 good pic :lol: my boyfriend is always laughing at me when he watches me take pics.

I finally bought a digital camera just so I could take fish pictures. :whistle: I'm still working on technique and then have to figure out how to post them here.

It's the same principles as puppy photography, I think- get them to hold still for more than two seconds, and snap like crazy. Maybe one out of fifteen will be a shot that truly does your fish (or puppy) justice. I can't wait for my boy (and gals) to get here and colour up- I actually appreciate the challenge! :lol:

the perfect shot of a Betta always happens when

1 the battery on the camera runs out

2 you just turn to answer someones question

3 the camera auto focus picks up a mark on the tank

4 you have had enough and switch the camera off

5 you have gone to make coffee.......(he is laughing)

6 the phone rings

7 someone knocks at the door..........

there is always ,more...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bettaman :lol:
It's true. I've found that the perfect shot always, always happens the split second after you take a pic. My camera doesn't have a quick enough shutter speed, it's a cheapo.

Basically you have to set your fish up by showing him a male or female they're not used to. I usually take pics of two fish at a time since this never fails. Then just watch and learn their pattern. Usually they jet in circles, smack the side and then strike a pose. That's where you and your camera come in. :p

My favourite Betta is Sushi, pictured below in my siggy (AND I took the photo myself) :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back