betta comp (closing date for pics 09/08/05)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SRC said:
9 out of 10 people will assume if you type 09/08/05 that it means September 8, 2005.
[snapback]865828[/snapback]​
Afraid not SRC - the majority of people posting on the TFF are from the UK - hence that would mean the 9th of August 2005.

SRC said:
Bloozoo...is snailguy not the owner of that Photobucket account or something?
[snapback]865806[/snapback]​
He probably is SRC, but I suspect he just stole the picture from this website http://siambluegreen.com/aquarium.htm (third pic from top) saved the image on his pc and then uploaded it onto his own photobucket account. Anyone can do that :/
So unless he actually owns the http://siambluegreen.com website as well, Snailguy101 has some explaining to do......

I really don't want to point this out, but thats not the first time SnailGuy has posted a pic that isn't his :/

Y not say all pictures must have @ least 6 pictures from different angles to beable to enter your's into the poll

makes it harder plus say no Pre-takin Pictures has to be taken by you and your tank ( i mean you as in anyone thats good with a digi cam in your house :nod: )

which means none taken before u got them

we will till get people posting other ppl's fish no doubt but if there really looks round the net for pictures then well what can ya do really

it took me 30 minutes to get the picture I posted of my betta, I dont think I can take 6 pictures that look like it.

wrs said:
it took me 30 minutes to get the picture I posted of my betta, I dont think I can take 6 pictures that look like it.
[snapback]866334[/snapback]​

all u need is one good picture really one for poll others would be just to show it's your's ( plus a good or bad picture the betta would look the same just a different angle and even if it is bad u would still beable to make out if it's same fish really)

i don't mean post them on forum i mean if there any small doubt that one fish ain't your's type thing u could ask for the other's just as proof as should stop ppl from trying to win something when it ain't theres cause a waste of time showin your fish if someone who don't even own it could win

that would make the poll pointless really

i'm not sayin this cause i think mine is will win i just wanna see a fair polll with ppl pride and joy not something someone took from a website

ravekiss said:
FishEnthusiast, I love Don's fins...
[snapback]865669[/snapback]​

Thanks. I love them too. I wasn't looking to buy another betta the day I got him, I had already bought one earlier in the day. I saw him in the store and I kept going back to him over and over and over again. I helped my friend pick out her birthday betta from me and went back to look again. Finally I gave in and got him.

Edited to add...

This is not the first time someone has posted a pic that isn't theirs. I had my suspicions when I saw the pic that it wasn't theirs. If this were a competition put on by the forum, I feel the poster should at least receive a warning. As this is a competition started by another member, I think the fair thing to do is simply not add it to the competition.

Will, if this is to be a poll, surely all the picutres posted should be entered ? Why should it be up to you to make the pre-selection ? :/

I think it is a good idea to poll them in "type" sections. That means there will be more than one winner! I love my boy anyway, even if he was only £2.95 from my local LFS (actually I swapped some guppy babies for him!) Fell in love :wub: and just HAD to have him!!!!

Julia

boxman said:
What about doing the votes in fin types? Crowntail, veiltail etc.....

Just my 2p's worth.
[snapback]867320[/snapback]​

I also think thats a good idea...

bloozoo2 it would be 2yrs before I get all the fish up and it would be to much of a hassle for everyone going through 7 pages worth of pictures if you know what I mean :D
and julibob I'd already said in earlier posts that I would put them into tail groups so don't worry everyone will be able to have more of a chance :D :D

There really isn't 7 pages of photos. There were a lot of posts that were just talking. I think to be fair, everyone should be entered. If they are in categories, there won't be too many for each poll.

Just my 2 cents.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back