Beta Kit?

fishyjessie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am looking into geting a set up for a beta for xmas, and i found what is called a Beta Kit, or War and Peace: the War being the Beta and the Peace being a Peace lily. the whole thing is in a large vase and even comes with a gallon of bottled water (the drinking type) is this good for the fish, or is it only to look pretty? and what about the tanks with two sections so you can have two fish? dont they fight with eachother through the glass? :thumbs: :blink: :D

The war & peace is more a gimmick for house decorating that for keeping fish. Bettas will not eat plants as they claim and it will be hard to feed your fish and keep water changed etc. etc.

You can keep two in the seperated hex tanks but in my opinion they need more room. The ones I've seen are not much larger than two cups that you find them in at the lfs.

Wal-Mart has these nice little 1 gallon aquariums with lights and filters....toss the filters and buy two tanks. Set them next to each other and your fish can watch each other and still have their own space.

I believe these go for about $10 US.

Peace Lilly Vases are horrible, in my opinion. if you want a Betta or two, here are some alternate methods ^^

Marina Betta Kits; get a pair, put them side-by-side, and voila; two Bettas who can show off for each other, but get away from each other to. other good ideas are half-gallon fish bowls or vases from Wal-Mart decorated with a silk plant and gravel, or one of those 1g tank-tanks.

personally, i have two MBK's running, a divided Aquaview+ (the tank-tank) for two boys, and i'll be getting a trio of wide-lipped vases for more Bettas soon ^^

FanOFish said:
Wal-Mart has these nice little 1 gallon aquariums with lights and filters....toss the filters and buy two tanks. Set them next to each other and your fish can watch each other and still have their own space.

I believe these go for about $10 US.
Are you talking about those AquascapePlus 3-sided tanks? Too bad they just don't sell the tank and light. I bet the filter is what drives up the cost.

actually itty bitty, walmart has started carrying just the wedge tank with lid (no light though) for $6.99, and instead of calling the aquascene (or aquascape in the case of walmarts), its called a betta scene.

don't do the peace lily. the aquascene 1 gal are only $10 or you could get a Dual Betta hex for around $6 and remove the divider so you can actually fit a decent silk plant in there iwth your betta (i have one set up with a silk a plant at one end and small live banana plant at the other so my shy betta can hide when he wants to, since he prefers the smaller hex to the 1 gal tanks the other two are in...)

MANY_A_MOLLY said:
actually itty bitty, walmart has started carrying just the wedge tank with lid (no light though) for $6.99, and instead of calling the aquascene (or aquascape in the case of walmarts), its called a betta scene.

don't do the peace lily. the aquascene 1 gal are only $10 or you could get a Dual Betta hex for around $6 and remove the divider so you can actually fit a decent silk plant in there iwth your betta (i have one set up with a silk a plant at one end and small live banana plant at the other so my shy betta can hide when he wants to, since he prefers the smaller hex to the 1 gal tanks the other two are in...)
For real?!??!?! :huh:

*sound of a door closing*

Most reactions

Back