best way to filter ponds??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
ok I have problem on thinking up the best way to filter my ponds until the parents get into gear for building the new pond.

both ponds are 2-300 gallons each currently there's a aquamax 2000 in the bottom pond with is T pieced off, 1 goes into a filter that returns to the bottom pond and the other bit just flows into the top pond. The top pond then over flows down a water fall.

There's a UV included in the system.

I'ved just acquired a Hozelock ecopower 9000 with built in 16W UV. So i'll do away with the vorton UV unit.

how should i link it all up though?

I want to filter each pond separately obviously I'll need another pump aswell.

oh and the current filter is a just a DIY small box filter.

if ones flowing into the other whats the point of filtering separately lol

youd need 2 pumps and 2 filters :nod:

hook the uv filter up to the lower pond as thats coping with most of the waste

Probably best to make sure you feed both filters back into the top pond as the water there is moving down to the lower pond. You could use both filters on the bottom pond feeding the both back to the top, or one on each. Or if you don't want to get another pump you may be able to link your current filter up with the new one, directing the outlet tube into the new filter box and then out into the top pond. Thats if the tubing for the outlet and inlet are the same etc which may not be the case.

On another note I'm currently changing two ponds into one :X and our new filter has just soaked me in a load of green water! :grr:

thats meant to be the idea but not all the crap gets pushed down the water fall, so I need another pump and filter running the top pond.

any thoughts on what size pump i should get to power the bottom filter and pump water to the top pond?

ryan said:
On another note I'm currently changing two ponds into one :X and our new filter has just soaked me in a load of green water! :grr:
:lol: :lol: :lol: -_- :lol: :lol:

the eco max i got is meant to handle 2000gallons so well over my ponds in total but would run a Titan 5500 normally.

I think our main problem is there isn't much of flow going into the top pond to disturb the crap dow the water fall.

I'll just have to fiddle about with the arrangement over me days off and find out what i can arrange the easiest.

What I think I might try is maybe get a Aquamax 4000, wack that in the bottom pond running the small filter and as a flow to the top pond which is where the ecomax will sit, split the inlet to the filter and have our current Aquamax running into there aswell.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back