Best Tank Setup

Montizuma

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
San Diego Cali -for-nia
So I have been thinking for about a month and I think I will bite the bullet. I just want to know what the best 25-30 US gallon tank setup is. My friend has a saltwater tank and said I could use a salt water tank for FW. (that doesn't seem right) I had a 20gl tank alone time ago and right now I have had a 3gl nano cube w/ a external filter, that I have had for two years with not one problem. I live in southern California if that helps.

Thanks,
Chris :rolleyes:
 
If you give it a good scrubdown it should be ok. One of my tanks was a marine setup years ago. It's had two owners since then, both of whom had no end of trouble, but I've had none, so at least some of their trouble was probably poor care (I know the previous owner had it running for several years without a water change topping up with untreated tap water - pH was around 4 and the nitrate test tube turned almost black).

As for setup, 25-30 gallons is good for a small peaceful or semiaggressive tropical tank. Good room for shoal of bottom, middle, and top fish, with a centerpiece or two.

There isn't really a best setup, though. There's more options than I can think of at that size. You could go brackish (which might fix any possible problems from the old salt water) and get a puffer, plenty of cichlids you could keep in a pair at that size.
 
I think I wrote this wrong. I don't have a salt water tank I have only had FW. and I would love to do peacefully tank. I have a huge 4 and a half inches of red tail shark so that would be a center piece fish and I was thinking 11 blood red fin tetras and either 3 cories or 3 clown loaches. But what would you recommend for a tank. A long one or a deep one. And am thinking a Fluval 205 (I really like to over filter) LMK if I could put more fish or less. I like to think iam a good fish keeper cause I have never had a single problem of any kind. (knocks on wood) :good:

Thanks,
Chris
 

Most reactions

Back
Top