Best home for a betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

philipwaldram

Reaction score
I'm planning to get a male betta in a heavily planted tank. I've narrowed my tank search down to 2! I just can't decide!

1 is a hexagonal 5 gal tropical starter kit. It includes the filter, light and heater and uses 1 plug. I know 1 plug isn't reccommended because If it breaks they all break. But this way means I can't break it before I start! Also I'm not sure about the strength of the filter and the light. I know bettas like a very slight current. I want to grow live plants and don't know if the light is good enough.

The 2nd is a 5 gal rectangular tank with light bought separately. I've seen a small filter and good heater. Would this mean 3 plugs? I would also get a timer to make sure the light went off and on at the right time.

I've heard a rectangular long tank would be better because there would be more swimming room than in a hex. But I really like the look of the hex tank.

Any suggestions would be welcome!!

you should be fine with either i think because you wont get too many plants in the hex tank. Just make sure that you can adjust the flow on the filter incase its too strong

You could get the 5g rect and a tank divider and have 2 bettas.

I'm swaying more to the rectangular tank and would love 2 bettas :) :)
where would I get a tank divider from and how does the filter and heater work? Do I need 2?

Well I am no expert having only got my first betta a few weeks ago.I asked questions in here and decided to forget about a filter and just change the water twice a week.I also didnt bother with a light and have put silk plants in my 5g
You can buy tank dividers or make your own.There is a good thread or 2 on the forums about this--cant remember if its here or in the diy/hardware section
Water changes are dead easy-do as normal although I havent done 100% changes as I think it might stress the fish.I just keep a really close eye on the water stats.
I have 1 25w heater in the tank and this easily heats both sides of the divider :D

Most reactions

trending

Back