Best Fish To Clean Algae From Sides Of Tank

That's another fear "jumping"

I do have a glass top but one side has a couple inches open in the back across 1/2 the tank for the HOB filter and cords.

Does the bristlenose jump ?

Maybe I will continue scrubbing :(
 
It's not something I've ever come across although that's not to say that the BN wouldn't get out. I've kept mine along with other Plecs in tanks where there have been gaps and never had it happen, so I wouldn't worry too much. ;)
 
Oh my goodness. I come home tonite to find the brown algae in my newly set up 30 gal. too ! Where is this stuff coming from ? I never had it in my 10 gal. ??? My big tank is only 2 months old and the 30 gal. about 3 weeks old. I do weekly water changes and maintenance. It can't be poor water quality. I am baffled.
 
When I went to the lfs they told me that my hypostomus will eat green and brown algea. And according to planetcatfish.com they only get about nine inches or so.

Of course I could be wrong on all of this.
 
Brown algae is actually pretty normal in a newly set up tank (i.e. <6 months old) - before your cycle settles down there's just so much nutrients in the water to feed it. Unless you really want a fish who happens to eat algae anyway I'd just leave it be for awhile and see if it settles on its own.

I had the same problem, but mine went away over time. I have no brown algae now. It's actually diatoms rather than algae, if you want more info search the forum for brown algae/diatoms. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top