Best Discus Aquarium Background

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

discus_lover

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have one 4*1.5*1.5 ft aquarium. i have 8 adult discus at present,which includes 2 blue diamond,2 ed melon,1 marlboro,1 red turquoise,1 snakeskin,1 red map discus along with 6 cory.i have a driftwood too...

I perform 30% partial water change daily.

Feeding->
6 a.m -> Bloodworms
10 a.m -> dry tubiflex worms
4 p.m -> bloodworms and dry tubiflex worms mixture...

Filter ->
biological filter (12*7) and sponge filter(24*7)

Can you say that what is the best discus background? sometimes one of my red melon doesn't show its original colour...

I have one 4*1.5*1.5 ft aquarium. i have 8 adult discus at present,which includes 2 blue diamond,2 ed melon,1 marlboro,1 red turquoise,1 snakeskin,1 red map discus along with 6 cory.i have a driftwood too...

I perform 30% partial water change daily.

Feeding->
6 a.m -> Bloodworms
10 a.m -> dry tubiflex worms
4 p.m -> bloodworms and dry tubiflex worms mixture...

Filter ->
biological filter (12*7) and sponge filter(24*7)

Can you say that what is the best discus background? sometimes one of my red melon doesn't show its original colour...

Normally you want a brighter background if you have pigeon bloods. Maybe you should supplement them with some natural color enhancing type foods to help with their color. Hate to say it but that diet is lacking :/

i know,but it's astonishing that my discus don't eat artificial food like hikari bio gold, tetra bits, sera discus granules...hm with in a few days i'll feed them artemia,brine shrimp....

may i use light blue or dark blue background?

Sorry, not really relevant, but just wondered how you find the time to do 30% water changes everyday? :blink: That's devotion! :)

yes it's astonishing to me too that they don't feed tetra bits or etc... :angry: it takes just 30 minutes for changing 30% water daily... :hey: :hyper:

Oh right, do you use a python or something? I use the 'traditional bucket method' and it probably doesn't take me that much longer, but it's a bit tough on the back!

ya,i use siphon method to take out water and introduce new water via pipe...

brine shrimp and prawns etc. will bring out red colouration

have u tried feeding vegetables eg. peas?

what colour back ground do u have right now? i would have thought black through dark grey would bring out there colours quite easily

my favourite backgrounds are the 3d ones that look like stone, tree roots, rocks, caves etc.

i have a planted scenery right now.hm i know that eating brine shrimp can cause red colouration of discus.but i have few red color discus..

no i don't tried feeding vegetables eg. peas...

i have a planted scenery right now.hm i know that eating brine shrimp can cause red colouration of discus.but i have few red color discus..

You should still give them a better diet. Try supplementing with a good quality pellet/flake, along with brine shrimp and mysis shrimp to start. Have you considered a homemade mix?

hm beef heart mixture will be a good balanced diet for them.hm i will have to try them...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back