Battlefield 3

This is the first Battlefield game I've bought absolutely amazed by it, there are no annoying 12 year olds that abuse the flaws like in COD, I presume that they'll reset the leader boards in the same way that Activision do with COD?

I presume that they'll reset the leader boards in the same way that Activision do with COD?

reset from the BETA?

if so, yes. Dice did say they would do that.. though i think, you may keep any tags you got.

as a, somewhat, mature gamer. i tend to play in my age group. but i do have one 12 year old friend hes from Kosovo (though lives in Austria). and he is great to play with. not a bad player either.

im finishing work at 9:45am then heading straight to pick my copy up, then will be caning it most probably all day, cannot wait. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

im finishing work at 9:45am then heading straight to pick my copy up, then will be caning it most probably all day, cannot wait. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

If you like, Pop an friends invite to: Tier1-Raptorrex (clan pressure means a name change)
rummer has it, I should just have finished the SP by then.:hyper:

well i finished the one player, though ive been on and off it all day, id say theres a good 8 hours at least, difficulty depending. i done the first half on normal difficulty, then i quit a mission halfway through to show my mate the jet mission. coming out of that, i couldnt get back onto the level i was up to on normal difficulty, so i had to do it on easy, and from there on i couldnt change the difficulty, so ended up doing the last half on easy :crazy: bit gutted about that, even when finishing the campaign, i cant seem to choose anything other than easy on missions ive only done on easy. would appear i need to go back to the last mission i 'unlocked' on normal, do that level again, and carry on from there. not happy about that. would have thought finishing the game would let you choose any mission on any difficulty.

now going out so not going on the MP today. very impressed with the campaign, certainly a lot more substance to it than the hollywood-fest that is COD SP, yet maintains the interest and mega-ness.

well i finished the one player, though ive been on and off it all day, id say theres a good 8 hours at least, difficulty depending. i done the first half on normal difficulty, then i quit a mission halfway through to show my mate the jet mission. coming out of that, i couldnt get back onto the level i was up to on normal difficulty, so i had to do it on easy, and from there on i couldnt change the difficulty, so ended up doing the last half on easy :crazy: bit gutted about that, even when finishing the campaign, i cant seem to choose anything other than easy on missions ive only done on easy. would appear i need to go back to the last mission i 'unlocked' on normal, do that level again, and carry on from there. not happy about that. would have thought finishing the game would let you choose any mission on any difficulty.

now going out so not going on the MP today. very impressed with the campaign, certainly a lot more substance to it than the hollywood-fest that is COD SP, yet maintains the interest and mega-ness.

I've played a bit of both.
I like the SP, but its a bit liner. even so its good.
i like the MP too. but it has so many bugs and faults:
intermittent to none comms.
problems, joining and maintaining squads.
problems, on occasion, joining friends (it puts you in the squad, but keeps you in the lobby)
bendy bullets (game lag)
aim lag, as above but in reverse.
screen tear.
server lag (not much though)

jets are fun. i even shot someone with one. errr, just before i crashed and killed myself. lol
all the weapons kick like mules. so i ended up with the DAO-12. which was fun.
there are some big big big base jumps. more fun. i had one where i had enough time for a cigarette, before i landed
getting blown down by explosions. not so much fun. but realistic.
getting shot as i spawn. not so much fun.
prone campers. even less fun.
having half the destruction turned off. no fun at all.
I've played most of the maps (conquest) and, over all, they seem really good. (still dont like the tube section of metro, though)
the graphics are something to behold (unless you have a PC).
and the sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! through my PX21's (with war tapes set) its truly fantastic.

its 9/10ths a fantastic game. but if they dont get the comms and the joining/squads fixed, in the multi player. I'll be a very disgruntled Raptorrex.
and, possibly, an ex player.

I only hope that Back to Kirkland. does not cause the same sort of problems, Vietnam did, for BBC2.

was on the Mp for a bit last night, when i could eventually get on. i dont know if im missing something, or whether i was playing the wrong game type, or was just unlucky with what maps i was on, but i didnt see any vehicles and i couldnt spawn on my squadmates. :blink:

whats that all about ? i was playing mostly TDM. mega game though, i forgot how difficult it was to play a game where you dont know the levels and everybody else does :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

done some co-op aswell with my mate, brilliant fun, and pretty intense even on normal difficulty.

lobby, squad and sounds SHOULD get fixed with the upcoming patch.

I ended up taking this back, I'd love it if I had a good PC to play it on, but it's just not suited to the console IMO, the 30FPS limit makes it all laggy and the EA servers are dire, just like they are for FIFA.

I ended up taking this back, I'd love it if I had a good PC to play it on, but it's just not suited to the console IMO, the 30FPS limit makes it all laggy and the EA servers are dire, just like they are for FIFA.

lag does raise its ugly head. but its not so as to make it unplayable. well not for the vast majority.
I find resetting the Router or using lan, often solves the problem. so it my be something to do with our home networks. even so, it should work. (actually, this also helps the comms).
indeed its one of the less taxing things about the game. as you say, EA servers are the pits. (humm EA actually).

but i, too, will be back at the shop. unless Dice and EA get it together.
still, similar problems were evident on the release of BBC2, BLOPS. you name it.

Get a decent computer and we can fs-up bro!

As Borat once said - I cannot afford.

I've just sorted the lag problem.
until the patch comes out, set the PS3 output to 576/480. problem solved.

I was sceptical, but I've had some half descent games this afternoon.
mind you i do keep walking through wall on the SP
but the best one is, when your team mates go through a door. but forget to open it first.
lol, after a second, or so, one comes back through the closed door, to open it for you!:hyper:

i didnt get any bizarre wall clipping or anything when playing the SP through :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back