Battlefield 3

Playing it right now, its a little glitchy but thats because its a beta (i hope). I love it though what you think?

Playing it right now, its a little glitchy but thats because its a beta (i hope). I love it though what you think?

well, as you say, its a beta. but one only 4 weeks from public release?

comms are naff. join a friend and invites are up the creek. and the graphic vanish when moving in prone.
but, all in all i do like it.

only at rank 7 ATM. think I've spent less than three hours on it today.
looking forward to it going, totally open open. and cant wait for the game to come out.

mind you i still need to make 50 (for the second time) on BBC2. and please god, give me a helo road kill. its all i need for Platinum. lol.

oops forgot. what's your PSN tag? pm if you like.

going to get on it when i get back from from work today, on my xbox. from what ive heard, the PC beta has been a bit of a nightmare to get on, one of my friends uninstalled/reinstalled 4 times, didnt work, was on the phone for an hour with ea, then got cut off.

well ive had about 20 minutes on it. first impressions : having played the xbox and seen the ps3 version, dont expect them to look even close to what they do in the trailers. at least this MP beta. its an upgrade over BC2 graphics, but not by as much as i would have expected. i know the trailers were made on pc's costing 1000's of pounds, but i expected a bit more. might be because its a beta, but i also expect the graphics to be better in the SP and co-op modes, where there is less for the consoles to process. i dare say it doesnt look as good as black ops, but then the game area BF3 needs to process is far larger, and in BF3 cover isnt made of indestructible materials, its a constantly changing area.

however, that is my only gripe. everything else is mega. the gameplay, level design, animations, menus, everything im loving. the cross-over from BC2 to BF3 is seamless, i was straight in at the top of the leaderboards. ive not tried the comms or anything on xbox, but we all know paying for xbox live results in a much more stable online experience than the free PSN. ive heard no complaints from my xboxing friends. BF3 feels far more revised and thought out than any COD ive ever played, much like BC2. its the thinking mans shooter.

im very much looking forward to it now, specifically the co-op mode, me and my BC2 playing mates will be all over it like a bad rash. all in all, massive thumbs up.

If you want to add me on psn send me your name n ill add you to have a game :)

Well I'm gonna be selling my xbox soon so I won't have it.
If anyone's interested you can have it :p

MW3 probably be better than BF3

if you're 8.

talking of the graphics, ive found out that theres a very high possibility the graphics in the console beta have been dumbed down to reduce the download size. my xbox DL came in at 1.3GB, speaking to my pc playing mate, his download was over 4GB. thats a big difference, there must be something different.

if you're 8.

talking of the graphics, ive found out that theres a very high possibility the graphics in the console beta have been dumbed down to reduce the download size. my xbox DL came in at 1.3GB, speaking to my pc playing mate, his download was over 4GB. thats a big difference, there must be something different.

graphics are indeed 'dumbed down' as in the BBC2 beta

as for MW3 vBF3?
well i'll bet more versions of MW3 are sold than BF3. BF4 or BBC3 will be a different matter. but the real test will be how many are still playing 12 months after release.
if you look a BLOPS v BBC2, more players are on BBC2 now, than ever. finding someone on BLOPS is like finding an honest banker, you know they are out there, but can never find one.
if you want to throw a grenade 300 meters, teleport for kills or hide behind a wall, from heavy weapons, MW is for you. as moochy13 says, more aimed at the prepubescent .

which brings up another problem. when hackers arrived on BBC2. the majority were from the hack ridden COD/MW/BLOPS. as they were stopped from their cheating, there, they moved to BBC2.
perhaps the answer is we dont need converts from the COD/MW series. as there are more than enough of us anyway.

what we dont know is what the SP game will be like. i think that will dictate how many converts, or losses, BF makes.

Roll on release. I want to kill something!

Oh, malawi my tag is on display all the time, here. but you will find me playing BF3 'final' on raptorrex-666

do the scores carry over tot eh released game ? or are people caning their levels up for nothing ? unless the score carrie,s i probably wont play the beta much more, i know everything i need to know - i.e its mint and i want it now.

do the scores carry over tot eh released game ? or are people caning their levels up for nothing ? unless the score carrie,s i probably wont play the beta much more, i know everything i need to know - i.e its mint and i want it now.

nop, no score carry-over, as it should be.
i guess those that "cane it" just want to be good, from the off.
but, if you dont play so much. you will miss masses. remember this is not MW or COD. there are infinite routes to your objective here. not one path.

one thought though. giving feed back and, actually being involved in the beta, as opposed to just playing it, gives fruit. i was offered the Alph and some other betas, because of taking part in the whole thing.

ive already had a good explore round, first few games i was mroe concerned with exploring the level than shooting people, and its so easy to get into after BC2, it felt like i wasnt learning anythign particuarly new gameplay wise, super smooth transition. ive not really found too much i would change to be honest. ive got stuck in scenery once, i stabbed a guy and then fell through the floor and ended up under some stairs :lol: :lol: :lol: other than that ive not noticed anything particuarly wrong.

i like your morals of the score not carrying, but at the end of the day the US, for some unknown reason, always gets a headstart on europe. they get the game 2 days earlier than us, there will already be people in the high levels, guaranteed. bearing in mind what some nutjobs have been able to achieve playing one map on one game type in the 2 days the beta has been out. im not overly fussed about the score carrying or not. i dont want to play too much, incase it starts getting a bit stale as theres no other maps. i never play rush on bc2, im die-hard conquest all the time.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks MW3 will be even close to BF3 is a moron, or as stated 8. I was actually suprised with the graphics on the Xbox, I thought they were going to be a lot worse, this frostbite 2 engine is very good. Gameplay is top notch, but you have to remember unlike the Bad Company series, the Battlefield series has always been a strong PC title, hell you can go to BF2 still and find a tonne of games easily. While the Console versions will be good, I do urge anyone who has a half-decent PC to try it out on PC too, there is simply nothing like 64 player Karkand or 64 player Wake Island, your brains will be blown if you're use to playing COD.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks MW3 will be even close to BF3 is a moron, or as stated 8. I was actually suprised with the graphics on the Xbox, I thought they were going to be a lot worse, this frostbite 2 engine is very good. Gameplay is top notch, but you have to remember unlike the Bad Company series, the Battlefield series has always been a strong PC title, hell you can go to BF2 still and find a tonne of games easily. While the Console versions will be good, I do urge anyone who has a half-decent PC to try it out on PC too, there is simply nothing like 64 player Karkand or 64 player Wake Island, your brains will be blown if you're use to playing COD.

I couldn't agree more! if you have the equipment, or the finances, you will not be disappointed.

but, if like me, you stuck with only a console. which one to use?

PS3 best console port of BF3 (incidentally i found this link on an Xbox site)

I dont want to get into the old "PS3 v Xbox" thing. but I've been stunned on how many households have both. this makes the discussion as to which console is better. rather more valid.

I couldn't agree more! if you have the equipment, or the finances, you will not be disappointed.

but, if like me, you stuck with only a console. which one to use?

PS3 best console port of BF3 (incidentally i found this link on an Xbox site)

I dont want to get into the old "PS3 v Xbox" thing. but I've been stunned on how many households have both. this makes the discussion as to which console is better. rather more valid.

The graphics are pretty similar, I would go with Xbox purely for the online as there will probably be more people online for you to play against, but I'm not a fan of either console so it's pretty unbiased.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back