Battery Siphon?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I have a cheap plastic siphon with a bulb one end which you squeeze to get it started. It's OK in my tall hex tank but now I've just planted a more squat tank, it's going to blow the sand all over the place as I get it started. Is there such a thing as a powered siphon you stick in and switch on and it's sucking straight away? And are they any good?
:thanks:

I have a cheap plastic siphon with a bulb one end which you squeeze to get it started. It's OK in my tall hex tank but now I've just planted a more squat tank, it's going to blow the sand all over the place as I get it started. Is there such a thing as a powered siphon you stick in and switch on and it's sucking straight away? And are they any good?
:thanks:

I simply fill my syphon tube with water at the tap, bent in a u shape with finger over one end take it to the tank, open end into water blocked end to bucket - remove finger and water start flowing immediately. Simple!

Thanks :) My siphon has a valve in the bulb so I don't think I could do it with that, but I could get some plain tubing. I'm wondering if I could use tubing attached to a powerhead?

Many pet stores sell a water syphon kit made just for aquariums. They are usually called gravel vacuums or something similar to that. I have found these to be the best way to do water changes. I have found the battery or squeeze pump operated syphons to be a waste for the most part. They are much more difficult to use. The gravel vacuum kits are usually inexpensive and work very easily.

hi they sell small battery powered gravel vacs at argos for 8 or 12 pounds i think

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back