Banjo Catfish With Neons Tetra And A Betta. Safe Or Not ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GibbsTheGibbon

Reaction score
I have a 30 gallon with 10 neon tetras and a betta. I'm thinking about adding a banjo catfish to this tank, but I'm not sure if they banjo would eat the neons or betta. Is it safe to keep a banjo catfish with neons and a betta ?

From the quick research I just did, they seem to be a peaceful fish and won't do yours any harm. However, if you can keep one also depends on what your tank looks like. Do you have a sufficient hiding places? Plenty of driftwood? Live plants? Banjo catfish seem to like to blend in with their surroundings and would prefer sand to gravel because of their build. Someone with more experience with these fish would be a better indicator, but I think the guidelines I put out will help you figure out if you can house a banjo catfish in your tank.

Also, I kind of love the way they look! Maybe I'll consider getting one or more in the future. 

What issue is that, nanony?

Gibbs, I'd be wary of keeping it with a Betta. At night when he is looking around for food and the Betta is settled in, the long fins of the Betta may be a temptation. He won't attack the Betta but if he finds the Betta's fins dangling right in front of him one night, he just may take a bite.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back