Banana Shrimp

Grey Legion

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Saw them at my LFS store, they look awsome and have little fans on there legs to catch food ans stuff from the water, but here is what I am wondering are they useful to a tank or just something to look at, can they catch algea spours and what not and control it ??

Just a quick querstion, any help would be cool

:cool:

Yes that looks like them..I'll do some reading on them, thanks for the link !!

:D

Sadly I will not risk hurting them by placing them in my tank...to bad they look really cool :-(

Grey Legion said:
Yes that looks like them..I'll do some reading on them, thanks for the link !!

:D

Sadly I will not risk hurting them by placing them in my tank...to bad they look really cool :-(
hey just so ya know i have a bamboo shrimp in my 20 gallon planted (see sig) for the past 3 months...he has molted once already and is approx 3 inches long....none of my fish bother him - he mostly hides on my driftwood in the roots of the java fern but can be seen filtering around through the sand when he's hungry - they are filter feeders

I have 4 of these adorable creatures. I strongly recommend them but only with calm, non-nipping fishes. Maybe you could try to find some bigger filter feeder than bamboo shrimps, Atyopsis moluccensis. How about this species? It's bigger and has hard shell.

Grey Legion said:
I have 2 Clown Loaches that I am sure will pick on any shrimp I bring in, best for me to keep that idea for another Tank..
Hi, Grey Legion

Just to put your mind at rest a bit.

I wanted to get some amano shrimp for our planted tank and shared your same concerns about our clowns...

However we bought 13 back in december
(Link to the thread)

and regularly spot 8-10 now (after 2 months of the little blighters hiding)

Our clowns leave them alone :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back