Bamboo?

Alia

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Someone said in another thread that a small stalk of bamboo would work great in a one gallon fish tank and my question is, does anyone else have an opinion about this? I also read somewhere else that aquatic plants are not usually stiff, and bamboo is very stiff. I'm just curious whether anyone else has seen bamboo work in an aquatic environment.

im no expert on bamboo but i thaught it was a marsh plantand it goes hard when its dry. they perhaps ment that it would go well as a dry decoration. i think i was reading the same post a little while back and it did make me wonder a little.

I have seen a great tank setup before where they used bamboo as the whole background, looked really great with loads of plants in front, gave a nice natural look to the tank, will try to find pic again if I can :D

I have also seen some great set-ups (in PFK) using bamboo :thumbs:

Just make sure that it hasn't been sprayed or treated with anything and still give it a good hot soak -_-

:)

Live bamboo would be fine too as it roots just fine in ater with a gravel substrate. I keep bamboo just like that in a cup of water filled with aquarium gravel.

Thanks for the input, everyone! Ok, this is not about the aquarium, but about what Tanked said, that he keeps it in a cup of water with gravel: how much light does bamboo require? I'm talking about my office, which my department is in the middle of, with no windows close by. My sister had a bamboo plant is a very shaded window and it seemed to do just fine. This office has pothos everywhere and I just want something else to look at. Any thoughts?

I thought you were asking about bamboo as a decoration not as a plant :*)

....in that case i wouldn't give it a hot soak :lol:

:)

if there is good flouresent lighting in the office it should be fine. i have no windows in my part of the building and my bamboo thrives..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back