Ballon/angle gold rams?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

dragonmask9

Reaction score
Iā€™ve been looking everywhere for golden balloon body rams, and Iā€™ve only been able to find one around my entire western New York area and itā€™s not looking to healthy. Where else could I find these fish? I tried eBay and the only person who was selling is most likely taking them off due to quarantine :( any ideas of where to look?!

DON'T buy balloon fish because they are genetically deformed and have internal problems due to their bodies being shorter than normal.

Balloon fish are poor quality, die sooner and struggle through life all because some jerk in Asia thinks it looks different. Quite frankly I would like to squash those people down so they were the equivalent of balloon fish and see how they like being stuffed up purely for someone else's amusement.

I concur with Colin (reason and retaliation!!!). Only by not purchasing such fish can we hope to get this cruel and inhumane practice stopped.

This reminds me of the whole GlowFish issue. By not buying the fish, it shows you donā€™t support it. If they get your money, theyā€™ll just do it again and again.

Glofish are slightly different because the fish remain normal in shape, they just get coloured genes added to them. Still not the best but preferable to having your body shortened and your internal organs squashed up.

Glofish are slightly different because the fish remain normal in shape, they just get coloured genes added to them. Still not the best but preferable to having your body shortened and your internal organs squashed up.
How to tell if the fish is man made deformed? Years ago I bought bubble eye goldfish don't know if it was man made fish...sad

Bubble eye goldfish have a genetic mutation that accured naturally. But people have specifically bred that mutation/ deformity to create the big bubble eye strain of goldfish. It's a natural mutation but not the best for fish because it makes it hard for the fish to swim, their eyes don't sit in the right place, and the bubbles can pop and get infected.

Goldfish should look like a normal bronze common goldfish, long slim body with a short tail. All the fancy goldfish (bubble eyes, orandas, ranchus, fantails, comets, etc) have been made in the same way the bubble eye goldfish was made. A natural mutation that was bred and inbred to develop the strain.

Balloon fish are the same. A deformed fish appeared in a batch of fry. The fish was raised and bred to its parents and siblings. The offspring were bred to the parent with the deformity. And balloon fish were created.

Bubble eye goldfish have a genetic mutation that accured naturally. But people have specifically bred that mutation/ deformity to create the big bubble eye strain of goldfish. It's a natural mutation but not the best for fish because it makes it hard for the fish to swim, their eyes don't sit in the right place, and the bubbles can pop and get infected.

Goldfish should look like a normal bronze common goldfish, long slim body with a short tail. All the fancy goldfish (bubble eyes, orandas, ranchus, fantails, comets, etc) have been made in the same way the bubble eye goldfish was made. A natural mutation that was bred and inbred to develop the strain.

Balloon fish are the same. A deformed fish appeared in a batch of fry. The fish was raised and bred to its parents and siblings. The offspring were bred to the parent with the deformity. And balloon fish were created.
Thatā€™s sad :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back