Badger's Tea Garden

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Can't wait for the video...
The danios are too shy to video at the moment. They are out in the open but disappear into the rock pile whenever I come near. The hillstream loaches are mostly hiding out too. I think it's going to take a few days for them to get used to seeing people wandering around.

Hey Badger. Found ya some toads but don't know if you will like the price which is $20.00USD for juviniles with $50.00-$60.00 shipping. I know nothing about this outfit at all except that they are in California and say they have 16 in stock.

Here is another that claims to have 3 at $14.67USD with free shipping but that is economy shipping taking 5-6 days. Also I'd be leery about buying live from Ebay.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey Badger. Found ya some toads but don't know if you will like the price which is $20.00USD for juviniles with $50.00-$60.00 shipping. I know nothing about this outfit at all except that they are in California and say they have 16 in stock.

Here is another that claims to have 3 at $14.67USD with free shipping but that is economy shipping taking 5-6 days. Also I'd be leery about buying live from Ebay.
Yeah, $80 for a hatchling is pretty steep. I've actually had decent luck with Ebay as long as the seller has lots of sales and unanimously good feedback, which this one seems to have. I'll check it out.

Edit: This is a book about toads, not the actual toad. :lol: That explains the great price and free shipping. I'll keep looking.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, $80 for a hatchling is pretty steep. I've actually had decent luck with Ebay as long as the seller has lots of sales and unanimously good feedback, which this one seems to have. I'll check it out.

Edit: This is a book about toads, not the actual toad. :lol: That explains the great price and free shipping. I'll keep looking.
Oh CRUD! Sorry. At least I tried... ;)

Things are not going well. All of the fish are extremely shy and I hardly ever see them. They'll be out and about but as soon as they see someone in the room, they'll all dive for the rocks. Frequent losses too; reason unknown. I've lost several danios, and this morning I pulled out a dead hillstream loach. No sign of sickness. I wonder if they are starving simply because they're too scared to come out and eat.

And another dead hillstream loach. I think I'm down to three of them left now? And maybe 8-10 danios. I can't tell because they're never out where I can see them. Not sure what I did wrong. I waited to order until I had a good growth of algae going for the loaches, and I've been supplementing with an algae tab every day, which they seem to completely ignore.

Bleah. Utter failure. I am not loving this tank right now. Nor, obviously, are the fish. :sad:

I've got a group of Glowlight Danios in one of my tanks and I was convinced I was down to 8 from the original 17 until one day when feeding after a water change all 17 were there! I couldn't believe it, the tank has full layer of floating plants, quite dense and tall planting and terrestrial plants over the top so plenty of security.

I've got a group of Glowlight Danios in one of my tanks and I was convinced I was down to 8 from the original 17 until one day when feeding after a water change all 17 were there! I couldn't believe it, the tank has full layer of floating plants, quite dense and tall planting and terrestrial plants over the top so plenty of security.
Were yours really shy? They were out all over the place when I first put them in. Now I only see them dashing from cave to cave.

Were yours really shy? They were out all over the place when I first put them in. Now I only see them dashing from cave to cave.
They all live in one big cloud with maybe 4-5 of them that explore around the tank at any one time, not the active crazy behaviour I was kind of expecting...

Did the weekly massive water change yesterday.

Two good newses and a bad news. Good: The danios are starting to come out in the open to feed, even when I'm sitting right in front of the tank.
Also good: They are beautiful fish! Like many danios, they aren't across-the-room stunners. You have to get close up. But if you do? Wow. Their colors and patterns are just amazing, and I strongly suspect they aren't even colored up yet.
Bad: I think there are only four of them left. Out of sixteen. What's worse is that I still have no idea why. I should probably get more, as they'll be a lot happier in a big group. But I'm a little afraid to.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back