onebto
Fish Herder
Greetings everyone I hope you are all well ?
I am after your informed opinion and advise I am shortly going to be donating some media from one of my filters to a new tank but I have never done this before.
Media is mature Tank has been cycled correctly (fishless) and has been running with a good stock of fish for 14 months and since then no problems all media in the past has only been lightly rinsed in old tank water when flow has reduced.
Due to the short distances from my tank to there's I would imagine transfer time would be at an absolute 1 Hour.
So do I take any section of filter sponge/media what ever you want to call it and put it in a bag with some tank water seal it up and hey presto ready to transfer?
Oh I have two filters a fluval 405 and the internal in a Juwel Trigon 350 I guess it does not matter which filter i take the media out of?
regards onebto
I am after your informed opinion and advise I am shortly going to be donating some media from one of my filters to a new tank but I have never done this before.
Media is mature Tank has been cycled correctly (fishless) and has been running with a good stock of fish for 14 months and since then no problems all media in the past has only been lightly rinsed in old tank water when flow has reduced.
Due to the short distances from my tank to there's I would imagine transfer time would be at an absolute 1 Hour.
So do I take any section of filter sponge/media what ever you want to call it and put it in a bag with some tank water seal it up and hey presto ready to transfer?
Oh I have two filters a fluval 405 and the internal in a Juwel Trigon 350 I guess it does not matter which filter i take the media out of?
regards onebto








