Backgrounds Permanent? External?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Cantbesaved

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was reading up on here about backgrounds, and I am interested in trying a few different styles... I want to try just black, but I also want to try a dark blue... My questions are:

1) Are these backgrounds permanent? How are they stuck on?

2) Can I place it on the outside of my tank? Or are they supposed to be inside?

The LFS near me, has backgrounds that are double sided. one side is black, other is blue... that would be perfect for me, but I don't want to destroy it getting it off, nor see glue beads n stuff!! =P

thx

you can use blue tac or as i do sellotape. They rae not permanent. Only permanant backgrounds are paint. You can get internal which cost more.

Wow, what a quick reply!! OK thanks! So I just tape/tack them on and be done? I like that! Thanks! =D

I found a piece of flat-black foamboard at an art shop. I cut it to fit the glass portion between the top and bottom frames. It turned out that it fit so closely that it just popped between the frames and needed not tape!

The hardest thing though, seems to be having a water drop run down the back, outside glass. You see it between the glass and the background. So, for this type background, better to remove the background during water changes and wipe the back glass before returning the background.

My favorites were huge stone ones that went inside the tank. Haven't seen and makers of those in many years.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back