Baby Harlequin Rasboras??

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ellie Potts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I was checking in on my 55 gallon aquarium and found a baby harlequin rasbora. The little dude is absolutely teeny. I've only been able to find one. I hadn't ever considered breeding the rasboras, as I read that they're difficult, but now I'm not sure what to do. My family has, of course, fallen completely in love with the little guy but I fear he may be eaten. I have no idea how to take care of fish fry. Should I order a breeder box? Will he be ok in the tank until then? How do I know he's getting fed? I don't have another tank where he would be safer.

Standard 55 gallon
11 (now 12) harlequin rasboras
1 dwarf gourami
3 young apistogramma borelli
2 (hopefully more soon) siamese algae eaters
a variety of snails

So I was checking in on my 55 gallon aquarium and found a baby harlequin rasbora. The little dude is absolutely teeny. I've only been able to find one. I hadn't ever considered breeding the rasboras, as I read that they're difficult, but now I'm not sure what to do. My family has, of course, fallen completely in love with the little guy but I fear he may be eaten. I have no idea how to take care of fish fry. Should I order a breeder box? Will he be ok in the tank until then? How do I know he's getting fed? I don't have another tank where he would be safer.

Standard 55 gallon
1 dwarf gourami
a variety of snails
I would get a breeder box because the poor little guy is at risk with your gourami and well done as they are apparently hard to breed :clap:

Standard 55 gallon
1 dwarf gourami
a variety of snails
also pics?

Attachments

• IMG_3485.PNG
    IMG_3485.PNG
    487.3 KB · Views: 169
Well i do for you also as i've had gourami in the past and they can be nasty when they want to be. I have harlequins myself and just adore them and so hardy.
Yeah, Wally (as my sister so graciously named him) can be a little bit of a jerk. I don't think he's noticed the baby yet, his territory is fortunately on the opposite side of the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back