Axolotls

The genetic makeup of Axolotls allows them to regenerate limbs. Scientists have been studying them for years trying to work out exactly how it works so they can transfer that information to people that have lost limbs.

Most shops carry them or can get them in. If a shop hasn't got any in stock, they can get them from AI or any supplier.

The genetic makeup of Axolotls allows them to regenerate limbs. Scientists have been studying them for years trying to work out exactly how it works so they can transfer that information to people that have lost limbs.

Most shops carry them or can get them in. If a shop hasn't got any in stock, they can get them from AI or any supplier.
Why are they critically endangered? And how do people save the species from extinction?

Everything in the wild is endangered due to people destroying habitat, polluting everything, cooking the planet, etc.

To save any organism from extinction you stop whatever is killing it (ie: remove people), or give it a monetary value (they already have that), or mass produce them in captivity. They are already bred in captivity and I get in trouble when I talk about wiping out humanity, so if you want to try and save them, breed some at home. There's plenty of other newts, salamanders and frogs that also need saving. There are a couple of frogs in Perth that love backyard ponds and lots of insects.

Everything in the wild is endangered due to people destroying habitat, polluting everything, cooking the planet, etc.

To save any organism from extinction you stop whatever is killing it (ie: remove people), or give it a monetary value (they already have that), or mass produce them in captivity. They are already bred in captivity and I get in trouble when I talk about wiping out humanity, so if you want to try and save them, breed some at home. There's plenty of other newts, salamanders and frogs that also need saving. There are a couple of frogs in Perth that love backyard ponds and lots of insects.
Saving its only natural habitat is your best bet. I hope zoos and aquaria breed wild axolotls...

Why are they critically endangered? And how do people save the species from extinction?
Axolotls were historically found in a few lakes in and around Mexico City. Due to draining and pollution, there is very little habitat left. Last I read, researchers were unable to find any in the wild, so if they aren't extinct, they are close to it.
Axolotls are nearly extinct in captivity, too. What you see for sale in pet stores and at shows are axolotl/tiger salamander hybrids. There are very few pure axolotl strains in captivity, mostly in Europe.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back